Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tylecodon paniculatus  (Read 617 times)

Harald L

Tylecodon paniculatus
« on: June 14, 2013, 02:34:16 pm »

A friend of mine is living in South Africa and loves the flora of the cape region. Once he asked me for a framed picture for his office and now I will have the opportunity to see him next month. What do you think, am I going to loose a friend? C&C really welcomed. (Better you blame me than he...)

Harald
Glad to be an amateur

David Eckels

• It's just a camera.
    • Website
Re: Tylecodon paniculatus
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2013, 03:49:45 pm »

Honestly, Harald, I've seen you do better, IMHO. The composition does not work for me, but it's an interesting idea that, to me, would have warranted "working it" a lot more from different perspectives, focal lengths, exposures , etc, perhaps. Let's see what the others have to say. I will submit, presumptuously, that maybe you felt similarly? Forgive me.

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2013, 04:10:32 pm »

If the place means something to him, then by all means. Otherwise, it is more of a tourist-brochure shot. A good one, at that, but still.

Harald L

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2013, 05:37:22 pm »

David and Slobodan,

thank you very much for your civilized opinion. I'm going to look for another one. Funny, I was undecided too because I actually know that this is a postcard. But when we flipped through the rolls in Cape Town he liked this one very much. Perhaps to much bottles of Goatfather...

Harald

Glad to be an amateur
Pages: [1]   Go Up