Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lightroom 5 video .pdf file  (Read 2458 times)

John McDermott

Lightroom 5 video .pdf file
« on: June 13, 2013, 09:10:31 pm »

The introduction mentioned a .pdf file of the table of contents. Can't seem to find it. Is it available yet?
John E. McDermott

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com
Re: Lightroom 5 video .pdf file
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2013, 09:21:40 am »

No, but I'll be creating it today and will post it on that page along with other relevent info.

In the meantime if you would like to watch another freebie from the tutorial, this one is on the 'best practices' of upgrading a Lightroom4 (or earlier) catalog to Lightroom 5

Dale Villeponteaux

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2013, 10:08:03 am »

God looks after fools and the ignorant, or else I was lucky.  I simply upgraded to LR 5 and there my catalog was, pristine and intact.

Gratefully,
Dale V
My avatar isn't an accurate portrayal; I have much less hair.

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2013, 10:11:27 am »

For me the most useful aspect of Jeff's advice was the renaming of the lrcat file and the previews...

Box Brownie

• Engram Photography
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2013, 11:24:44 am »

God looks after fools and the ignorant, or else I was lucky.  I simply upgraded to LR 5 and there my catalog was, pristine and intact.

Gratefully,
Dale V

Hmmm! when I upgraded from 3 to 4 it was part of the process to accept that the catalogue would be copied and the LR 3 one left intact........ and I have a Lightroom 3 and a Lightroom 4 catalogue file with their appropriately named preview catalogue files.  So is LR 5 so very different that we can end in the LR catalogue (potential) confusion that is refered to in the video???

Note ~ this is on W7 Pro SP1 not a Mac ;)
A collection of mine here http://500px.c

aduke

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2013, 03:11:22 pm »

Hmmm! when I upgraded from 3 to 4 it was part of the process to accept that the catalogue would be copied and the LR 3 one left intact........ and I have a Lightroom 3 and a Lightroom 4 catalogue file with their appropriately named preview catalogue files.  So is LR 5 so very different that we can end in the LR catalogue (potential) confusion that is refered to in the video???

Note ~ this is on W7 Pro SP1 not a Mac ;)

The only problem I had when I installed LR5 last week was the catalog name it chose. It was ugly, so changed it to match my catalog naming convention. The whole process was very straight-forward.

Alan
Pages: [1]   Go Up