Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: looking 4 captureone 5 step by step intructions  (Read 4167 times)

superqaz

looking 4 captureone 5 step by step intructions
« on: June 13, 2013, 12:02:11 am »

anyone know where i can find a [preferably free]  written but not pdf, manual/guide/instructions for captureone 5. have spent a couple hours at least trying to convert the pdf manual into ms word properly.

or failing that i could use a pdf step by step instruction for workflow, the included manual was not designed to be step by step, although it is useful

thanks
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 12:04:45 am by superqaz »

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
Re: looking 4 captureone 5 step by step intructions
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2013, 09:28:37 pm »

I can't help on the manual, but sure would recommend upgrading from 5 to 7.  Huge differences in the program, and results. 

As for the PDF, open it in Adobe photoshop (any version) or even elements and save the pages as jpg.  You still won't be able to open them in word however.  You should be able to also copy and then paste to word, i.e. copy from the open PDF in photoshop, or corel etc. then paste into word.  It's going to take some time, but will work.

Paul Caldwell
Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com

superqaz

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2013, 01:22:21 am »

thanks for the advise , unfortunately computer will not use later than v5, may upgrade soon though

i can open and read pdf files ok but i cant edit properly [for printing] but ive got a plan in place for this

superqaz

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2013, 11:45:20 am »

I can't help on the manual, but sure would recommend upgrading from 5 to 7.  Huge differences in the program, and results. 

As for the PDF, open it in Adobe photoshop (any version) or even elements and save the pages as jpg.  You still won't be able to open them in word however.  You should be able to also copy and then paste to word, i.e. copy from the open PDF in photoshop, or corel etc. then paste into word.  It's going to take some time, but will work.

Paul Caldwell

[/quot

thanks for the copying advice, will try
m

Doug Peterson

• http://www.doug-peterson.com
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2013, 12:52:42 pm »

Correct. The manual and the online help system is not meant to be a workflow guide.

This is primarily because everyone's workflow will be different. Capture One is used by fashion photographers on multi-person sets, landscape photographers shooting to card, scientific researchers, cultural heritage institutions and more. Some elements of workflow are shared between all of those applications, but only very few.

I'd (selfishly) recommend considering Capture One Training which range from general workflow introductions (fairly broad, but also short and easy and inexpensive) to more intensive full-day trainings or 1v1 consultations.

Phil Indeblanc

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2013, 08:27:03 pm »

I would recommend a C1 training. Every bit helps. I would recommend Doug Peterson for this. He will make your problems his own.
If you buy a camera, you're a photographer...

superqaz

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2013, 05:20:19 am »

thanks for the advice guys...looks as if it might have to go that way. however, i will wait till i get a new pc which is needed if i'm to upgrade C!
« Last Edit: August 02, 2013, 06:16:12 am by superqaz »

Phil Indeblanc

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2013, 12:49:33 pm »

I would surely have the equal at wokr or the home studio on whatever method you use to learn C1.
C1 requires constant use to really retain the methodology. As the method of how the program works, how it access files, where things are, how tabs open are not along any OS standard.
Once you do approach it with a blank slate in your mind as a different application, and get the hang of it, things can be done rather quick and somewhat robustly.
If you buy a camera, you're a photographer...
Pages: [1]   Go Up