Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: iOS7 Design Butt-Ugly  (Read 12190 times)

Michael West

Re: iOS7 Design Butt-Ugly
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2013, 11:11:48 pm »

Doubtless it will flow through to the iPad as well.

Why don't corporate honchos know when to stop with the fiddling?

Look at Flickr as an example, too.

W

Ny  daughter who uses a smart phone as a computer....told me she.could not get much from my collection of photos on flickr given THEIR lovely new overstuffed nearly endless layout

oh well free isnt always worth much more than  we pay for it.

DennisWilliams

I like it, a lot.
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2013, 04:47:27 pm »

Clean, straightforward, no gummi  looking icons. Can't wait.  By the way, I will not reiterate my opinion  another half dozen times in this thread.

nemo295

« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2013, 10:09:03 pm »

Except, every single time, and I mean this, EVERY SINGLE TIME Apple introduces something utterly new, whether it be software (original OSX) or hardware (first iMac, first iPod, first iPhone, first iPad), they have gotten slammed by a portion of the media & the interweb experts, and every single time, they have been predicted to fail, badly.

iOS7 isn't "utterly new". Like everything else Apple has released since the death of Steve Jobs, it's an update of a pre-existing product. Unfortunately, this update is butt ugly. Jony Ives may be good at industrial design, but he sucks at interface design. Steve Jobs is rolling in his grave.

And pretty much about every single time, Apple proved them wrong.

Tell that to Android and Samsung who have been taking away Apple's market share. Tell that to the stock market--AAPL down 30% since last September.

Now, not to brag, but I have a near 100% track record when it comes to predicting how well a newly introduced Apple product would score (this is pretty easy to do; just bet *for* Apple rather than *against* them most of the time :D).

There hasn't been a really new Apple product since the death of Steve--almost three years. Apple has stopped innovating. They're the new Microsoft.

And my prediction is that iOS7 is going to be extremely successful :P

It will be successful by virtue of the fact that there are tons of iOS devices already in customers' hands that it will be pushed out to. But it will not drive new sales. iOS7 is mostly notable for trying to look like Android 4.2 and failing miserably.

hjulenissen

« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2013, 12:58:34 am »

Was Microsoft first with this kind of look, or did they do borrow it from someone else?

Am I the only one that is astonished that (seemingly) Microsoft leads and Apple follows in visual design?

-h

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2013, 03:32:59 am »

Jeremy, since you do not speak American (I presume you speak European?), I will have to explain it to you... visually:

I've seen that before, Slobodan, and I liked it very much then as well. Sadly, at least in England, we're moving more towards the US style; happily, on the other hand, our weather is such that clothes mask the problem nearly all the time.

Anyway, you make my point for me: thanks. As for speaking "european", the only reasonable approximation for that imaginary language is the drivel uttered by employees of the EU, and I neither speak nor understand that.

Jeremy
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up