Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Hasseblad Lunar in stock!  (Read 8118 times)

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
Hasseblad Lunar in stock!
« on: June 11, 2013, 08:24:04 pm »

Hurry up, at 7,000 US$ it is a real bargain!

http://photorumors.com/2013/06/10/hasselblad-lunar-mirrorless-camera-now-shipping-in-the-us/

Really... what were they thinking.

Cheers,
Bernard

Gary Brown

Re: Hasseblad Lunar in stock!
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2013, 08:45:25 pm »

design_freak

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2013, 04:14:36 am »

Thinking  ???

It is insane   :o
They need a new CEO...
Best regards,
DF

BernardLanguillier

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2013, 05:12:32 am »

Thinking  ???

It is insane   :o
They need a new CEO...

Trying to reach a wider audience in order to secure bottom up revenue is obviously a smart strategy... they just missed completely the part where the masses buy a product because it delivers a reasonable value... the guy must have been sick the day they covered that part in his MBA.

It is pretty puzzling that a move of such idiotic proportions passed through the various validation layers within Hasselblad. That is the part that paints the company in the worst light in fact.

Cheers,
Bernard

woof75

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2013, 05:17:50 am »

Fingers crossed every banker in town wants to own one which will support the development of something decent.

BernardLanguillier

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2013, 05:26:53 am »

Fingers crossed every banker in town wants to own one which will support the development of something decent.

Those guys are very far from being stupid. Why on earth would they buy a pale copy of a Sony NEX-7?

Cheers,
Bernard

hasselbladfan

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2013, 05:42:27 am »

If they don't sell, it will take money away from Medium Format innovations !!

Write-off costs of a project like this, is money down the drain.

design_freak

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2013, 06:20:02 am »

That's right, there is no such suckers on earth. I guess no one ever did recognize. Please, here is the solution: http://www.gariz.com/front/php/category.php?cate_no=299
Cheap, even nicer  ;D

The worst part was that speech of CEO: the history of the brand, recourse to the roots, MFDB DNA. And it turned out to be a simple NEX-7  :'(
Total disgrace!!!
Best regards,
DF

design_freak

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2013, 06:32:58 am »

Trying to reach a wider audience in order to secure bottom up revenue is obviously a smart strategy...

Exactly as I think.
There is a lot of scandinavian designers...
I don't know who is more insane, VC company or CEO.
Best regards,
DF

design_freak

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2013, 06:39:46 am »

If they don't sell, it will take money away from Medium Format innovations !!

Write-off costs of a project like this, is money down the drain.

For sure. They will take money away!!!

I really do not know what's really going on. Maybe VC figured out that none of this business will  be and it was a good way to draw cash from the company. Now I think everyone is waiting for miracle...
Best regards,
DF

Rob C

« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2013, 08:20:37 am »

Those guys are very far from being stupid. Why on earth would they buy a pale copy of a Sony NEX-7?

Cheers,
Bernard

Heysoos, Bernard! Because it costs more, of course! Just like the rest of the output.

Rob C

woof75

« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2013, 09:08:19 am »

It could be perceived as being pretty.. I guess. A few well placed nice add's in the right magazine telling people it's a must have luxury item.

hasselbladfan

« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2013, 10:02:58 am »

I bought many times barely used M film cameras / lenses from bankers, who had returned them because they could not use them. Go to Kurland and you will still find many.

They are not stupid, but they like so much to show off, even after the crisis.

OldRoy

• http://
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2013, 10:08:07 am »

The first reaction I had, like most people outside Hasselblad, was that this is a spectacularly ill-judged product. Then I reflected for a moment on the immense profitability of corporations like LVMH which markets items whose utility is identical or even inferior to  competitors' products costing a tiny fraction of the price. And then there's Leica, whose latest offering defies comprehension and whose profitability is, it's said, is rock-solid.

Roy

BernardLanguillier

« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2013, 07:08:45 pm »

The first reaction I had, like most people outside Hasselblad, was that this is a spectacularly ill-judged product. Then I reflected for a moment on the immense profitability of corporations like LVMH which markets items whose utility is identical or even inferior to  competitors' products costing a tiny fraction of the price. And then there's Leica, whose latest offering defies comprehension and whose profitability is, it's said, is rock-solid.

True, but the products LVMH sell are very carefully, scientifically I might say, tuned to the needs and expectations of the target customers. They only use the finest material and the whole distribution chain is, again, masterly managed.

I don't see anything of that with the Lunar. Is is simply rebadged.

Sure, some idiots will fall in the trap.

Cheers,
Bernard

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2013, 07:30:32 pm »

... corporations like LVMH which markets items whose utility is identical or even inferior to  competitors' products costing a tiny fraction of the price...

Well, the utility might be the same, after all a purse is a purse and a watch is a watch, but the quality and look & feel ain't identical, let alone inferior.

What's more, LVMH is not taking, say a Timex watch, replacing the winding crown with a ridiculously looking contraption, and slapping, say, a Bulgari name on it.

SeanBK

« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2013, 10:33:27 am »

Slobodan, Check this brand new watch by Ralph Lauren. It is just stamped over a possibly Timex, ... watch as there are just couple of co. actually make the watches. This watch is selling @ RL stores for $3,250.
  http://www.ralphlaurenwatches.com/en-us/watches/Pages/Sporting.aspx

design_freak

« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2013, 06:58:00 pm »

Of course there are many bad examples of design  ;)
Best regards,
DF

design_freak

« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2013, 07:14:50 pm »

Sacrificed V system. Icon photographic equipment. Would not it be better if it was this model has become an exclusive. Very expensive and only on request. Bankers could continue to brag about, because it's a very nice item. Cash spent on the project "Lunar" peacefully by enough to achieve this effect.
Best regards,
DF

BernardLanguillier

« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2013, 08:38:39 pm »

Sacrificed V system. Icon photographic equipment. Would not it be better if it was this model has become an exclusive. Very expensive and only on request. Bankers could continue to brag about, because it's a very nice item. Cash spent on the project "Lunar" peacefully by enough to achieve this effect.

If you think about this from the angle of environmental impact and opportunity cost, this is in fact infuriating.

Think of how many solar panels could have been given away to African countries with the money wasted on the development of this born dead product?

...I think I have just had a TED like, ideas that change the world, kind of breakthough genius idea...

How about a worldwide board of project reviews that would review all the a-la-Hassy-Luna projects with high idiocy potential, forbid their production kick off before big capital expenditure is committed, cease the corresponding funds and allocate them to democratically elected eco projects?

Since the projects are born dead anyway, it wouldn't make any difference for the company about to fund a lost cause, we wouldn't clutter online store shelves with products never going to sell, and some good would be done to the world.

How about that?

Cheers,
Bernard
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 08:43:04 pm by BernardLanguillier »
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up