Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sinar CaptureFlow 1.2  (Read 2982 times)

museumbrich4d

Sinar CaptureFlow 1.2
« on: June 11, 2013, 10:36:51 am »

If you are using Sinar CaptureFlow Studio, can you describe your workflow? What are your impressions of CaptureFlow?

The software seems more in depth than CaptureShop but at the same time no so intuitive. I guess we might be too accustomed to CaptureShop

Do you use the dng file or are you exporting TIFs?
If using the dng, are you using CameraRaw in Lightroom or Photoshop? Or another software?

Does anyone use the new Sinarback exact?

Using:
Sinar eVolution 75 H back on Sinar P3 with CMV shutter

Running Mac OS X 10.8.3
Processor: 2 x 3.06 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon
Memory: 96 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

Thanks,
David

danilophoto

Re: Sinar CaptureFlow 1.2
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2015, 04:47:13 am »

Good Morning!
Thanks for accepting my registration.
I have been working with Sinar for 10-12 years now and software has never been as strong as the actual cameras.
Two years ago was the my worst nightmare with Sinar software issues.
I wasted so much money on new computers, upgrading my machines and I have purchased every single parts for my Sinar P3, following instructions by Sinar going against my opinion insisting that the software was the problem.
And I totally agree  with you in regards the "new" software which I called downgrade.
Too many unnecessary tools, very slow, nor logical and intuitive as you said as well.
I have been reluctant to change even though I have tried few times and I just don't like the layout, tools, practicability...
I have the exact equipment.
The HERO in the last 6 months is my laptop still running Lion 10.7.5 hardly crashing CaptureShop
I had 4 computers in the last 2 years(2 brand new) trying to solve the issues and getting through my busy agenda.
After few emails, calls and a lot of money and time...no words back from Sinar since my last emails telling them that I have followed every single instructions that they gave to me, like upgrades computer, software, RAM, camera equipment,etc, and I said "The camera cost a lot and we deserve a top software, if you can't do it, contract a company that can"

I just needed to share that.

Regards,
Danilo

fpoole

• http://www.frankpoole.com
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2015, 04:34:14 pm »

Danilo,

I just sent you a private message.  It didn't seem to go through.  If not please contact me. I have some of the same issues

Best,

Frank
www.frankpoole.com

Theodoros

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2015, 04:55:48 pm »

Ι use Captureshop 6.1.2 since Captureflow is not compatible with my 54H, but a close friend uses 75H on P3 and he also prefers Captureshop than Captureflow... Sinar's software was never their strong point, my first back was an Emotion 22 and I had lots of problems with bags and stability, I find Captureshop much better and very effective for color accuracy the way it is calibrated, but clearly it is a program that has been primarily designed for multishot...
Pages: [1]   Go Up