Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Smug Mug  (Read 3747 times)

Rob C

Smug Mug
« on: June 11, 2013, 05:03:49 am »

Regardless of fake 'blads, pepper storms or rotten eggs, today has brought this old curmudgeon great news regarding his granddaughters:

The younger of the two has come through her second year in medical school at Edinburgh Uni and is now 2/5ths of the way to being a doctor, whilst the second, reading Law, has managed well too. Guess her year in Paris wasn't all Café de Flore - or maybe it was?

"Xxxx Xxxx Xxxx, Law with French Language - LLB with Honours of the First Class awarded with Distinction in Spoken French."

I might even have a second coffee at lunch.

;-)

Rob C
« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 05:43:51 am by Rob C »

32BT

• Pictures
Re: Smug Mug
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2013, 05:23:42 am »

Congratulation are in order then. For the second cup of coffee that is, because apparently it is getting increasingly more complicated to sue a doctor these days. Case dismissed because of prejudice, as the lawyer appeared to be related to the defendant.

I'll stick to tea this morning. Hong-kong style. Pickwick hasn't come to their senses yet, so that's still an ordeal all of its own. God d**n labels. Who needs labels? For tea, lawyers, or doctors for that matter?
Regards,
~ O ~
If you can stomach it: pictures

Rob C

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2013, 05:38:30 am »

Congratulation are in order then. For the second cup of coffee that is, because apparently it is getting increasingly more complicated to sue a doctor these days. Case dismissed because of prejudice, as the lawyer appeared to be related to the defendant.

I'll stick to tea this morning. Hong-kong style. Pickwick hasn't come to their senses yet, so that's still an ordeal all of its own. God d**n labels. Who needs labels? For tea, lawyers, or doctors for that matter?

Well, I suppose it would be a bit odd going to a lawyer for a sick-line, which is what most people seem to require medics to do for them these days. On the other hand, it might pave the way to a series of new, combined, multi-faceted practices... good thinking!

Rob C

Eric Myrvaagnes

• http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2013, 09:51:58 am »

Congratulations on the second cup of coffee and on the granddaughters!
You and your late wife must have done something right.

Eric M.

-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

Rob C

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2013, 10:10:08 am »

Congratulations on the second cup of coffee and on the granddaughters!
You and your late wife must have done something right.

Eric M.

Thanks, Eric, but it might have been a better idea also to have done it earlier in life, for our own generation!

Rob C

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2013, 01:00:10 pm »

Congrats, Rob!

On second thought, doing it later in life keeps you in a younger company ;)

Rob C

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2013, 03:44:12 pm »

Congrats, Rob!

On second thought, doing it later in life keeps you in a younger company ;)

Thanks, it's a special day!

Just got another e-mail from my daughter: they have received a second message from Glasgow Uni advising that my granddaughter has also won the Dr John MacCormick prize for the most distinguished law graduate of 2013!

Thank goodnes it's late and I don't have to pass through any narrow doors tonight. How my wife would have loved this!

;-)

Rob C

Harald L

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2013, 05:10:20 pm »

Just enjoy it and be grateful. As a father of two daughters I do really feel you and can understand your pride.

Harald
Glad to be an amateur

francois

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2013, 03:55:25 am »

Congratulations, you can be proud of them!
Francois

Rob C

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2013, 04:42:52 am »

Thank you, it really lifts one's spirits!

Rob C

WalterEG

« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2013, 06:40:24 am »

How my wife would have loved this!

;-)

Rob C

What?  You don't think she knows and is jumping for joy.  Why, she may even have played a hand in it!

Rob C

« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2013, 08:38:37 am »

What?  You don't think she knows and is jumping for joy.  Why, she may even have played a hand in it!

That's for sure; when they used to come and spend holidays with us and the legal-eagle was maybe thirteen or fourteen, we used to sit having 'gentleman's lunches' with my head getting ever more spaced out on something very chilled and pleasant, and the kid would show her remarkable sense for lateral thinking and word games. I could never beat her other than by relapsing into seniority and my wife would never let me get away with a cheap cop-out like that!

It all feels so very long ago... yet she (granddaughter) is only 21... I think. Now the head is addled without something chilled and delightful to thank.

I have decided to take myself out with the doughnut machine this afternoon; maybe something nice will show up in the bay.

;-)

Rob C (And thanks - I feel  better on that point now.)

P.S. A waste of fuel that was: not a specular spec in sight.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 09:32:22 am by Rob C »
Pages: [1]   Go Up