Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lens Profiles When Lens Data Not Embedded in TIFF  (Read 1310 times)

David Luery

Lens Profiles When Lens Data Not Embedded in TIFF
« on: June 09, 2013, 10:50:27 am »

Hello,

I've come across something that is odd to me.  I have some TIFF files created in an HDR program and the files do not have have the lens information embedded in them.  In the Lightroom (version 4.4 on Win 7 64-bit machine) Lens Correction panel, when I enable Enable Profile Correction, then enter the camera make (Canon) and select a profile from Model drop down menu, the only profiles that are available for selection are ones that I have downloaded via Adobe Lens Profile Downloader (and which are stored in C:\Users\(User Name)\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CameraRaw\LensProfiles\1.0 C:\ProgramData\Adobe\CameraRaw\LensProfiles\1.0).  This, of course, is the oddity.  Thus the extensive list of profiles that would 'normally' show up in the drop down menu in the case of a CR2 file are not available.

My questions are:

> What is causing this? 

> And how do I 'overcome' this so that the full list of lens profiles is available for me to select from?

Thanks for your help.

Best regards,

David

eliedinur

Re: Lens Profiles When Lens Data Not Embedded in TIFF
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2013, 09:28:20 pm »

It is because most of the lens profiles are for Raw files only. For rendered images the bundled selection is fairly limited.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2013, 09:30:56 pm by elied »
Roll over Ed Weston,
Tell Ansel Adams th

David Luery

Re: Lens Profiles When Lens Data Not Embedded in TIFF
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2013, 06:39:06 am »

Ah, I see.  In all my reading, I don't recall ever coming across that.  Thank you for the information.

Best,

David
Pages: [1]   Go Up