Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Napa Valley Field  (Read 3908 times)

Shakyphoto (Slim)

• Shakyphoto
Napa Valley Field
« on: June 09, 2013, 01:10:39 am »

35mm f5.6 1/50 sec 100 ISO

Taken earlier this year
« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 12:05:45 pm by Slim »
Wandering the World, Watching for Wonders
http://www.shakyphoto.com
http://www.fb.com/Shakyphoto

thierrylegros396

Re: Napa Valley Field
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2013, 03:40:23 am »

Very nice tones and lights ;) ;)

Thierry

Larry Heath

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2013, 09:36:48 am »

Another great one.

Later Larry

francois

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2013, 12:30:46 pm »

It's a beauty! I usually find vineyards images no too original but with this one, you managed to let the light do its magic. Silhouetted trees and the dark (immediate) foreground help frame the saturated grass. The sky is very sweet.
Francois

wolfnowl

• M&M's Musings
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2013, 05:12:23 pm »

Lovely!
If your mind is attuned t

sdwilsonsct

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2013, 11:22:14 pm »

Nice but puzzling, to me. The sky and silhouettes suggest that the sun is below the horizon, but the light on the field says the sun is up. A composite? If not, I would try and adjust this so that everything seems logically consistent to viewers who weren't there for the capture.

Richowens

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2013, 12:59:49 am »

Scott,

That is wild mustard growing in the vineyard. You are seeing the bright yellow blossoms as lght.

Rich

DwayneOakes

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2013, 06:19:58 am »

very nice

sdwilsonsct

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2013, 08:02:38 am »

That is wild mustard growing in the vineyard. You are seeing the bright yellow blossoms as lght.

Thanks, Rich. The darker foreground dark and bright buildings also contribute to the sunlit effect.

orchidblooms

« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2013, 05:57:36 pm »

nice....  seems really 'wide' for 35mm lens  -- how much was cropped off top or bottom?  very appealing photo

Shakyphoto (Slim)

• Shakyphoto
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2013, 07:36:14 pm »

Cropped off about 1/3 from the top and bottom.   Nothing from the sides.

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2013, 08:10:16 pm »

Has someone just dimmed my monitor?

Larry Heath

« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2013, 09:29:26 pm »

Ok now that I have had some time to really look at this one and only because this is such an outstanding image in the first place, in my mind anyway, and deserves the very best presentation possible, I am going to point out three things that I see when viewing the image in the largest size on Flickr. One is there appears to be a noticeable speck of what appears to be sensor dust in the upper right corner, likely more if you look really close. The second is that there appears to be some color noise creeping in, in the upper sky, a good dose of color noise filtration would fix that. Lastly there appears to be some chromatic aberration/color fringing in the branches on the left.

Please do not feel that I am hacking on this image just for the giggles, for my part I would be printing this large, like 24x52 large, minimum, maybe larger if the resolution was there in the raw file, this would be a gorgeous sofa image. At these sizes this picky picky stuff would likely become notable and objectionable.

This is one sweet image.

Later Larry

Shakyphoto (Slim)

• Shakyphoto
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2013, 01:26:07 am »

Ok now that I have had some time to really look at this one and only because this is such an outstanding image in the first place, in my mind anyway, and deserves the very best presentation possible, I am going to point out three things that I see when viewing the image in the largest size on Flickr. One is there appears to be a noticeable speck of what appears to be sensor dust in the upper right corner, likely more if you look really close. The second is that there appears to be some color noise creeping in, in the upper sky, a good dose of color noise filtration would fix that. Lastly there appears to be some chromatic aberration/color fringing in the branches on the left.

Please do not feel that I am hacking on this image just for the giggles, for my part I would be printing this large, like 24x52 large, minimum, maybe larger if the resolution was there in the raw file, this would be a gorgeous sofa image. At these sizes this picky picky stuff would likely become notable and objectionable.

This is one sweet image.

Later Larry

Yikes about the chromatic aberration.  Went back a implemented your feedback on the photo.  When you click on the image it will take you to a corrected image.  Also took the time to correct all my other images where it was a problem and was not paying close attention.

Thanks!
Pages: [1]   Go Up