Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Iran photos (audio slideshow)  (Read 825 times)

Damon Lynch

• http://www.damonlynch.net
Iran photos (audio slideshow)
« on: June 08, 2013, 04:20:18 pm »

Yesterday I completed a top-to-bottom refresh of my audio slideshow of a small set Iran photos. Little did I know when I put it online in late 2007 that it would rack up more than 100,000 page views. I received a lot of feedback from Iranians. It remains my most popular published work of any kind.

I'd like to thank Bart van der Wolf for so freely sharing his expertise in these forums. Reading his posts pushed me to explore some tools beyond Lightroom.

If in the next six years I can learn as much about how to improve the look of my photos in the previous six, I'll be happy. In this blog entry I share some examples of the improvements.

Bart_van_der_Wolf

Re: Iran photos (audio slideshow)
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2013, 05:18:47 pm »

Yesterday I completed a top-to-bottom refresh of my audio slideshow of a small set Iran photos. Little did I know when I put it online in late 2007 that it would rack up more than 100,000 page views. I received a lot of feedback from Iranians. It remains my most popular published work of any kind.

Hi Damon,

No doubt it's for several reasons, and the high image quality (timing, composition, choice of subjects, processing) is only 'one' of them.

I'd like to thank Bart van der Wolf for so freely sharing his expertise in these forums. Reading his posts pushed me to explore some tools beyond Lightroom.

Thanks for the kind words. It helps to make it worth the effort. On another forum where I'm also a moderator, I use a signature line that goes; "If you do what you did, you'll get what you got." (apparently Mark Twain said something to that effect). And that sums it up pretty well, I think. I'm constantly seeking for improvements, because I hate it when technical imperfections distract from the creative intent I want to get across. One of the best ways is IMO by sharing, because that brings a lot of rewards, also in the form of innovation.

If in the next six years I can learn as much about how to improve the look of my photos in the previous six, I'll be happy. In this blog entry I share some examples of the improvements.

Yes, definite improvements. If you haven't already, make sure to also check out 'Topaz Clarity'.

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==
Pages: [1]   Go Up