Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cable Beach Sunset  (Read 3252 times)

Patricia Sheley

Cable Beach Sunset
« on: June 08, 2013, 02:36:59 pm »

!!! The epitome of your website defined! What an amazing trip it looks like you experienced....  :)  (and well deserved!)
A common woman~

Eric Myrvaagnes

• http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
Re: Cable Beach Sunset
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2013, 12:26:52 am »

!!! The epitome of your website defined! What an amazing trip it looks like you experienced....  :)  (and well deserved!)
+10.
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

dreed

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2013, 03:43:36 am »

It is interesting that when I look at it, I think "yeah, just another beach-sunset pic" ... and I wonder if I say that in the same way that others in North America say "yeah, just another mountain/waterfall pic" or that someone that lives in Tanzania/Kenya would say "yeah, just another elephant/lion pic" or ...

Isaac

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2013, 11:40:04 am »

Do you mean as a failure to appreciate the familiar?

JFR

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2013, 12:19:37 pm »

Never did we see more updates to the website as now that you have restricted access to the internet.

dreed

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2013, 10:05:13 pm »

Do you mean as a failure to appreciate the familiar?

Yup

HSway

• Sunwaysite
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2013, 11:45:39 pm »

Never did we see more updates to the website as now that you have restricted access to the internet.
I can’t say the update has been frequent enough for me. What a limited internet alone has to do with possibly good coverage is a little mystery to me.
But could imagine more prosaic reasons.

Hynek

michael

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2013, 07:56:12 am »

"What a limited internet alone has to do with possibly good coverage is a little mystery to me".

Really? Ya think?

Being on a ship in the Indian Ocean for a week without internet access other than via expensive sat phone, and that limited by bandwidth restrictions and costs, does make it a bit difficult to upload images.

Also, being responsible of working with a teaching 4o people 18 hours a day also tends to restrict ones time.

Cheech.

Michael

HSway

• Sunwaysite
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2013, 01:14:09 pm »

"What a limited internet alone has to do with possibly good coverage is a little mystery to me".

Really? Ya think?

Being on a ship in the Indian Ocean for a week without internet access other than via expensive sat phone, and that limited by bandwidth restrictions and costs, does make it a bit difficult to upload images.

Also, being responsible of working with a teaching 4o people 18 hours a day also tends to restrict ones time.

Cheech.

Michael

Oh yes. I think I understand.
- Btw I should mention, by more prosaic reasons I mean the interest about your and the team’s activities on travels whether from general photography point of view or in specific topics like the use of the Fuji system for example.
I am curious whether the part I quoted is one of the peculiar "complains" I have sometimes hard time to understand. Like the one above it by dreed.
But I am really curious only mildly. We just got mixed up a bit.

Hynek

dreed

« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2013, 10:17:33 pm »

I'm surprised you had Internet access at all because once you leave Broome, there is literally no sign of modern civilisation until you reach Darwin and at one point you looked to be about 300 miles (~500km) from either place even though you were along the coast.

I can't imagine what it would be like just to try and login to any website using a satellite phone as the Interweb is these days designed for broadband. Slow is a good word. Dare I ask how many minutes it took to download the front page of this website via satelllite?

Kevin Raber

• Kevin Raber
    • Kevin Raber
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2013, 12:48:01 pm »

On trips like the one Micahel and I just made we are busy from sunrise until 11PM or later. This was a PODAS workshop cruise and it was literally edge of the planet locations. The ship had satellite internet that you could purchase and which I did but download was very slow and upload even slower. Our intention was to post images as we went if we could but the reliability and time it took to do uploads was just not happening. We did manage to get two image and an update made.

Cheers
Kevin
Kevin Raber
kwr@rabereyes.com
kevin@photopxl.com
rockhopperworkshops.com
photopxl.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up