Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Photoshop on the Street  (Read 1708 times)

wolfnowl

• M&M's Musings
Photoshop on the Street
« on: June 08, 2013, 02:20:37 am »

If your mind is attuned t

Harald L

Re: Photoshop on the Street
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2013, 04:00:58 am »

In Germany this would cause a public brouhaha because we are totally exempted from fun.
Glad to be an amateur

Rob C

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2013, 04:37:43 am »

In Germany this would cause a public brouhaha because we are totally exempted from fun.

That's because of the beer. It kills everything except the violence. This is being proven on the streets of UK cities every weekend. It's a way of life now to confuse violence and rolling in the gutter in shared vomit as amusing and aspirational.

In southern Europe we reserve that spirit of adventure for fiestas, and going for a morning coffee early on the day after one is not recommended for those with a dislike of acrid odours. One sensible thing: many bars here remove all their glasses from service duriing fiestas and issue paper cups instead.

It is said that some fiestas are so popular that their dates don't even have to be remembered: you simply need count back nine months from your birthday, and bingo!, you have it.

Rob C

Harald L

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2013, 05:02:54 am »

That's because of the beer...

That's not the point. I'd be glad if some of the modern inquisitors would drink one ore two beer occasionally. But unfortunately our society is going to be governed by error-free people with normative concepts of our whole lifes. These victorian watchdogs have already take over the power of public administration and parliaments and there's hardly no day we don't see new paragraphs and administrative hurdles which all aimed to strangulate freedom and fun.

But perhaps this is a german issue only.

Harald

PS: If a vomiting moron is the price of my freedom to drink a beer I would happily pay for it!
Glad to be an amateur

Rob C

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2013, 10:07:42 am »

That's not the point. I'd be glad if some of the modern inquisitors would drink one ore two beer occasionally. But unfortunately our society is going to be governed by error-free people with normative concepts of our whole lifes. These victorian watchdogs have already take over the power of public administration and parliaments and there's hardly no day we don't see new paragraphs and administrative hurdles which all aimed to strangulate freedom and fun.

Harald

PS: If a vomiting moron is the price of my freedom to drink a beer I would happily pay for it!

That is a strange argument. You are already free to pay for your beers, and I'm sure many would be happy to allow you to pay for theirs too; many will probably think it another 'right', and so they wouldn't even thank you...

One vomiting moron is acceptable - at a distance - but  a street full of both is something else.

Unfortunately, it is far from a German problem only.

I was wondering whom you'd elect to govern you instead of those who already do.

Rob C

RSL

• http://www.russ-lewis.com
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2013, 11:58:56 am »

These victorian watchdogs have already take over the power of public administration and parliaments and there's hardly no day we don't see new paragraphs and administrative hurdles which all aimed to strangulate freedom and fun.

I'd guess the German press hasn't been reporting the stuff that's been showing up as rocks get turned over here in the USA lately. Sadly, the problem is a long way from "a German issue only" Harlem.
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.

Harald L

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2013, 01:43:31 pm »

I'd guess the German press hasn't been reporting the stuff that's been showing up as rocks get turned over here in the USA lately. Sadly, the problem is a long way from "a German issue only" Harlem.

Of course this is an issue in Germany as well because Internet is a global technology and the chain of freedom breaks at it's weakest link. Until now I thougth that China's posing the most dangerous thread but right now I'm not shure at all. This should not be an ad but I'm pretty happy and a little bit proud for recently having brought a document-management-system with a strong end-to-end-encryption to market. Right now I really know for what it's good for.

Harald
Glad to be an amateur
Pages: [1]   Go Up