Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Added folder not available...hmmm(?) HELP!  (Read 2379 times)

Phil Indeblanc

Added folder not available...hmmm(?) HELP!
« on: June 06, 2013, 05:39:40 pm »

I had some images in a folder. I realized I had to split them into 2 folders.

I created the new folder in LR. then I think I moved them in Explorer as I was still working and I needed to add a couple subfolders...
Since LR asks if I want to move selected to the new folder, which I didn't have, I moved them in WinExplorer or ACDSee as these are real files, not a overlay catalog.

So I thought I could sync things straight when back in LR.

But NOoooo! :-)

So now ther was a folder but it wont Sync or Import the images that belong within the folder.

I tried deleting the folder in LR to do it fresh. It sees the folder, and it still assumes they already exist. So I tried unchecking New photos or Dupes, and no luck. I tried from Add, to Move..No luck.

Anyone??!!!
If you buy a camera, you're a photographer...

Phil Indeblanc

Re: Added folder not available...hmmm(?) HELP!
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2013, 07:34:53 pm »

Update:

LR Library doesn't have the folder showing. I go to Import, it shows it in the source, but all images are faded out as if they were already added (when All Photos is selected).

Basically LR thinks they are in the catalog, but they are not available in the Library.

Its a large library, and want to avoid importing to a new one, if that would even help.

Any suggestions ??

Phil Indeblanc

Re: Added folder not available...hmmm(?) HELP!
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2013, 10:35:20 pm »

UPDATE 2:

I renamed the folder in Win Explorer, and then imported the new folder. It worked, but I notice it didn't keep the folder under the same drive letter and other hierarchy folder. It placed a new drop down path(you know the main bar with the green box on the left and the arrow dropdown on right).  Wonder if I could simply move the new folder under the older folder its supposed to go to?
Pages: [1]   Go Up