Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New SD cards  (Read 1432 times)

NigelC

New SD cards
« on: June 06, 2013, 11:48:49 am »

For Sigma DPMs, do you think it is worth paying extra for Lexar 60Mbs or 90Mbs over Sandisk standard 45Mbs. I us the latter with DP2M and find it's a bit slow to write raw files - not a problem unless I turn the camera off while it is still writing but I might get faster cards if it would make a significant difference. (Just ordered DP3M while £200 cashback available - DP1M next!)

markly86

Re: New SD cards
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2013, 02:43:01 pm »

It makes a difference on my Nikon D600 and a huge difference on my Coolpix 7100.  Beware the 90 mbs figure though.  Most of the time that is the read speed and the write speed is about half.   The Sandisk Extreme pro reads and writes and 90 mbs and Delkin has a card that does too.   The read speed won't help getting your photos onto the card and that is where you need the speed the most.

Hulyss

• H.Bowman
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2013, 04:00:03 am »

On my DPm's, I always use Sandisk extrem pro cards. Usually a 16Gb @ 95MB/s.

I do not think it change things a lot. It change just a bit. I think the DPms are slow due to the in-body processing time, not writhe time on the card ;)
Kind Regards -  Hulyss Bowman | hulyssbowman.com |

NancyP

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2013, 05:36:36 pm »

Thanks. I guess I will switch my cards around: fastest goes to the birding camera 60D, middle speed goes to DP2M, slowest to 6D. I recently bought two 16 Gb Sandisk Extreme Pros for my birding camera because I tend to fire short fast bursts RAW and need to clear buffer ASAP. For landscape, having to wait a second or two to clear the buffer is merely annoying.
Pages: [1]   Go Up