I'm amazed on how long this post is going. I say this with light heartedness, it's almost as if there is more emotional devotion to how to carry a camera over how to take a picture!
I thought I would explain my decision to get the f-stop. I'll write a review once I get and try it a few times.
1) It doesn't look like a camera bag, and it looks cool.
2) Most reviews are very positive and mention it was built for long treks for adventures.
3) Anything from what I have now is going to be a tremendous step up. I don't know what I am missing.
4) I don't intend to do multiple day trips. More like half day or 1 day trips and then go back to my hotel.
5) This bag will also be used as my goto camera bag for non hiking trips.
6) If I do need anything more, I can always get another bag. I'm in this for the long haul.
7) I can always give the bag to my wife