Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Syncing at 1/1600th with PW3  (Read 1261 times)

Steve Hendrix

• http://www.captureintegration.com/
Syncing at 1/1600th with PW3
« on: June 05, 2013, 01:38:58 pm »

From Capture Integration's Technical Department:

This is a little published, hidden function on PW3. Certain settings are required.

The particular settings are as follows:

- Set Transmitter and Receiver to any channel above 16
- Set Receiver to HSR
- Turn off A, B, C, and D groupings on receiver

When these settings are applied, you will see an "F" appear next to the channel number. This indicates that the Pocket Wizard is ready for the high sync speed.

Keep in mind that this is for leaf shutter lenses only, and cannot be used with focal plane shutters, even with equivalent shutter speeds. This technique cannot be applied to flashes or power packs with built in Pocket Wizards, as most of the changes have to be set to the receiver.

Steve Hendrix
Capture Integration
Steve Hendrix • 404-543-8475 www.captureintegration.com (e-mail Me)
Phase One | Leaf | Leica | Alpa | Cambo | Sinar | Arca Swiss

JoeKitchen

Re: Syncing at 1/1600th with PW3
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2013, 11:28:11 am »

Is this something that is a innovation for hot shoes and syncing SLRs?

I ask because my girlfriend borrowed my tech camera to shoot food and she was able to sync the strobes via a pocket wizard when the shutter was set to 1/500th of a second.  There was no problems what so ever and I remember explaining to her (before making the exposure) that leaf shutter can be synced at any speed since she initially had concerns 1/500th was too fast.  
"Photography is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent

Steve Hendrix

• http://www.captureintegration.com/
Re: Syncing at 1/1600th with PW3
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2013, 06:24:22 pm »

Is this something that is a innovation for hot shoes and syncing SLRs?

I ask because my girlfriend borrowed my tech camera to shoot food and she was able to sync the strobes via a pocket wizard when the shutter was set to 1/500th of a second.  There was no problems what so ever and I remember explaining to her (before making the exposure) that leaf shutter can be synced at any speed since she initially had concerns 1/500th was too fast.  

Hi Joe - It is the faster speeds (typically above 1/400th - 1/500th) that have been out of reach, with the exception of direct wired sync or ProFoto Air Syncs.

Steve Hendrix
Capture Integration
Steve Hendrix • 404-543-8475 www.captureintegration.com (e-mail Me)
Phase One | Leaf | Leica | Alpa | Cambo | Sinar | Arca Swiss
Pages: [1]   Go Up