Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LR4: bug in "Reset"?  (Read 1269 times)

dreed

LR4: bug in "Reset"?
« on: June 03, 2013, 09:16:31 am »

When I do a "Reset" of an image in LR4, if the image was imported from a LR3 catalogue or was part of a catalogue upgraded to LR4, it changes the Image Process Version to 2012. That is, the reset does not restore the image to how it was at import.

Is this deliberate behaviour or a bug?

john beardsworth

• My photography site
Re: LR4: bug in "Reset"?
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2013, 09:23:13 am »

Deliberate behaviour - "reset" means remove all adjustments, not revert to import state.If you want to revert to the import state, go to the History panel in Develop.

dreed

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2013, 09:38:04 am »

Deliberate behaviour - "reset" means remove all adjustments, not revert to import state.If you want to revert to the import state, go to the History panel in Develop.

Well, one might argue that changing a photo from PV2010 to PV2012 *is* an adjustment.

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2013, 12:40:30 pm »

Removing any settings causes the "Defaults" to be applied (whatever your defaults may be), so by default, any image without settings will default to 2012. So, your argument would be wrong...

:~)

dreed

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2013, 04:03:10 am »

Removing any settings causes the "Defaults" to be applied (whatever your defaults may be), so by default, any image without settings will default to 2012. So, your argument would be wrong...

:~)

Ok, that made me laugh in agreement :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up