Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hasselblad HTS and HC50mm-II (wrong MTF on the Hasselblad site).  (Read 3742 times)

jerome_m

Did somebody try the HTS with the new version of the HC 50mm lens? How are the results?

Some background explanations to my question:
On the Hasselblad site, there is a pdf with mtf curves for various lenses used with the HTS. The MTF curves with some lenses (HC 35mm and 50mm) look rather poor and the legend to the curve with the HC 50mm says it is version II. However, an older document uses exactly the same mtf curve but says it is version I. The legend about "version II" is obviously an error and we do not have the curve with the new lens.

Brian Hirschfeld

• Brian Hirschfeld Photography
Re: Hasselblad HTS and HC50mm-II (wrong MTF on the Hasselblad site).
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2013, 11:44:42 pm »

It seems all the company resources are devoted to the Lunar launch, it seems to me there has been some lack of focus.
www.brianhirschfeldphotography.com / www.flickr.com/brianhirschfeldphotography
---------------------------------------------------------------
Leica / Nikon / Hasselblad / Mamiya ~ Proud IQ180 owner

design_freak

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2013, 02:54:23 am »

Corruption starts at the top  :(
Best regards,
DF

jerome_m

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2013, 03:56:51 pm »

It seems all the company resources are devoted to the Lunar launch, it seems to me there has been some lack of focus.

The company has also brought the new 24mm and a whole new series of cameras to market and has undergone considerable restructuring. I am not criticizing them for using the wrong curve, I just would like to know about that particular lens combination.

David Watson

• David Watson
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2013, 06:17:15 pm »

Okay - hands up - I am a Hasselblad owner but that does not make me a fan boy and particularly not of the so-called lunar-tic camera.  Nevertheless let's not forget that this is a company quietly supplying photographers around the world with photographic equipment and services, rented or otherwise, that they all, including myself value.  There may be a LUNARtic fringe at Hasselblad but that is all it is - a fringe.

I have a new 50mm Mk 2, the Macro adapter and am just waiting for an HTS.  These are good and useful products that do just what we need them to do.

End of not-fanboy rant.
David Watson ARPS

Brian Hirschfeld

• Brian Hirschfeld Photography
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2013, 07:07:32 pm »

Okay - hands up - I am a Hasselblad owner but that does not make me a fan boy and particularly not of the so-called lunar-tic camera.  Nevertheless let's not forget that this is a company quietly supplying photographers around the world with photographic equipment and services, rented or otherwise, that they all, including myself value.  There may be a LUNARtic fringe at Hasselblad but that is all it is - a fringe.

I have a new 50mm Mk 2, the Macro adapter and am just waiting for an HTS.  These are good and useful products that do just what we need them to do.

End of not-fanboy rant.

Lets hope. I'm disappointed they dropped the V-series. I love my 503CW. And my Xpan II
www.brianhirschfeldphotography.com / www.flickr.com/brianhirschfeldphotography
---------------------------------------------------------------
Leica / Nikon / Hasselblad / Mamiya ~ Proud IQ180 owner

design_freak

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2013, 03:23:41 am »

Okay - hands up - I am a Hasselblad owner but that does not make me a fan boy and particularly not of the so-called lunar-tic camera.  Nevertheless let's not forget that this is a company quietly supplying photographers around the world with photographic equipment and services, rented or otherwise, that they all, including myself value.  There may be a LUNARtic fringe at Hasselblad but that is all it is - a fringe.

I have a new 50mm Mk 2, the Macro adapter and am just waiting for an HTS.  These are good and useful products that do just what we need them to do.

End of not-fanboy rant.

It's a great brand. With a beautiful story. Unfortunately, someone is trying by all means to destroy her legacy. It is true that the hardware is available all over the world. But this is not the merit of the current board.Ventizz Capital is blind and deaf? CEO should be fired, immediately after Photokina.
Victor turning in his grave :(

Best regards,
DF

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2013, 04:25:10 am »

Hi,

Yes, I agree that HB is a great brand. What I would say is that we know little about the business they are doing. They may be doing well or the may be doing less well. Broadening market may be important, I just wish they would made higher end Sony than this lunetic thing. But, it has not been released yet, once it is in the market it may use the new "Tuit lenses" and perhaps next generation Sony electronics.

Best regards
Erik

It's a great brand. With a beautiful story. Unfortunately, someone is trying by all means to destroy her legacy. It is true that the hardware is available all over the world. But this is not the merit of the current board.Ventizz Capital is blind and deaf? CEO should be fired, immediately after Photokina.
Victor turning in his grave :(

Erik Kaffehr

design_freak

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2013, 05:46:40 am »

http://www.hasselblad.com/about-hasselblad/careers/design-engineer.aspx
http://www.hasselblad.com/about-hasselblad/careers/corporate-sales-manager--for-consumer-camera-line.aspx

2 new cameras this year and next 3 cameras next year :) Another Sony with tasteful housing?

In my opinion - Encapsulation of existing devices, it is not the right way!
If this is the only way. Please, let this be a Scandinavian design. Something pretty tasty  8)

Of course,  I would be delighted completely new design combines the expertise of both companies. I'm afraid that will not happen.

As for the actual data on the website, it's very sad that there is no person who watches over this.

Best regards,
DF

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2013, 06:03:28 am »

Hi,

It would be helpful if you also had a link to to the actual data, it is hard to know what you are referring to.

If Hasselblad wanted to develop an APS-C system in house it would take large resources, basing on an existing design takes a lot of sense. My issue is mainly that I see the Lunarcy as just outer design, and ugly design at.

Best regards
Erik

http://www.hasselblad.com/about-hasselblad/careers/design-engineer.aspx
http://www.hasselblad.com/about-hasselblad/careers/corporate-sales-manager--for-consumer-camera-line.aspx

2 new cameras this year and next 3 cameras next year :) Another Sony with tasteful housing?

In my opinion - Encapsulation of existing devices, it is not the right way!
If this is the only way. Please, let this be a Scandinavian design. Something pretty tasty  8)

Of course,  I would be delighted completely new design combines the expertise of both companies. I'm afraid that will not happen.

As for the actual data on the website, it's very sad that there is no person who watches over this.

Erik Kaffehr

design_freak

« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2013, 07:33:59 am »

Hi,

It would be helpful if you also had a link to to the actual data, it is hard to know what you are referring to.

If Hasselblad wanted to develop an APS-C system in house it would take large resources, basing on an existing design takes a lot of sense. My issue is mainly that I see the Lunarcy as just outer design, and ugly design at.

Best regards
Erik

"As for the actual data on the website, it's very sad that there is no person who watches over this."
This is a reference to the OP. Outdated information on the website, errors...

I agree with you. And I repeat. Let it be nice, tasteful products. Lunar is an example of something very wrong. It should never see the light of day. This shows a lack of taste, lack of competence of the board of directors. CEO of seeing this monster should not prevent the presentation at Photokina. That did not happen. It harms the history of the brand. It should not have happened, it should never happen again!
Best regards,
DF
Pages: [1]   Go Up