Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: So... You wanna be a photographer?  (Read 20450 times)

Rand47

Re: So... You wanna be a photographer?
« Reply #60 on: July 12, 2013, 07:09:34 pm »

The air you breath is still a commons, as you well know.

You take your life to be a given and don't acknowledge the gift.

Isaac,

You should have that carved in stone.  When we lose sight of the gift that life itself is, well . . . that is the definition of poverty, IMO.
There's an old saw about not being able to control circumstances, but being able to control our reaction to them and what we do with them.

The cult of cynicism in modern culture is a joy stealing, soul robbing disease.

Rand
Rand Scott Adams

churly

« Reply #61 on: July 12, 2013, 07:53:08 pm »

Right on Rand!  As soon as you decide you are a victim of the system that is exactly what you become.
Chuck
Chuck Hurich

Rob C

« Reply #62 on: July 13, 2013, 05:43:54 am »

Boy, do some of you enjoy your soporific, anodyne clichés of the state of the world!

Bless you all!

;-)

Rob C

Rand47

« Reply #63 on: July 13, 2013, 09:52:42 am »

Boy, do some of you enjoy your soporific, anodyne clichés of the state of the world!

Bless you all!

;-)

Rob C

Rob,

Sometimes clichés are clichés because they are true and common knowledge among the non-cynical and embittered!  :-)

Blessings back at ya!
Rand
Rand Scott Adams

Rob C

« Reply #64 on: July 13, 2013, 10:23:03 am »

Rob,

Sometimes clichés are clichés because they are true and common knowledge among the non-cynical and embittered!  :-)

Blessings back at ya!
Rand

No; I think that would be truisms.

;-)

Rob C

churly

« Reply #65 on: July 13, 2013, 10:35:21 am »

Atta boy Rob.  Grip onto that world view with everything you have.  Otherwise it may collapse.  Oh, and make sure to trot it out regularly and proclaim, 'Mine is BEST!!'.  That provides the validation.

Bless you as well, although I suspect that you don't need or want my blessing.  :)  Group hug.

Keep on writing, sometimes you hit the nail on the head and sometimes you miss by a mile.  But then that is our condition.

Chuck
Chuck Hurich

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #66 on: July 13, 2013, 11:46:37 am »

Speaking about natural resources... Can we go back to the coal production profitability in the Coal Lady's era, please (or was it the Iron Lady)? So much more interesting than the cost of free (or "free") resources and the meaning of life ;)

Isaac

« Reply #67 on: July 13, 2013, 11:58:39 am »

Interesting perspective.  Wrong, but interesting.

Please be specific - wrong in what way?

The decay of language skills, the insistence on politically correct terminology (sending the right signal - as opposed to discussion of issues), and the elevation of the happy-snap as reportage, are all merely symptoms of our devolution.

Decay of language skills or change in language skills? Did senators in imperial Rome send the right signals or did they discuss issues? Where specifically is "the happy-snap" used as reportage?

If by "devolution" you mean something like de-evolution then you have conflated evolution with progress from less-advanced to more-advanced - that is not what evolution means in biology.

I would also include the mimic-ography of endless repetition of landscape icons in this.  We're getting to the place were the only thing distinctive about the human species of animal is his narcissism.

When you "include the mimic-ography of endless repetition of landscape icons" you provide no reason for doing so.

Yet another thing distinctive (and actually significant) about the human species of animal is cooking.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2013, 07:21:35 pm by Isaac »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up