Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12   Go Down

Author Topic: Hasselfake Fotografy  (Read 58313 times)

William Walker

• William Walker Landscapes
Re: Hasselfake Fotografy
« Reply #200 on: November 22, 2013, 02:39:22 pm »

I think this one works nicely square.

William
"What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence." Christopher Hitchens

Rob C

« Reply #201 on: December 11, 2013, 10:59:43 am »

I find that Blonde on Blonde is very conducive to quick Photoshop work. So, wearing my brand new leopard skin pillbox hat, I produced this genuine, Hasselblad D700 Anniversary Edition frame.

Thinking of Keith, of course, and his various journeyings into Hellenic waters, I stayed this side of the Mediterranean instead.

Rob C

muntanela

• BRATA
« Reply #202 on: December 12, 2013, 06:03:20 pm »

Blue ice for the green Coke

jjj

• http://www.futtfuttfuttphotography.com
« Reply #203 on: December 12, 2013, 08:04:19 pm »

I think this one works nicely square.

William
It's amazing how two critters who could rip you apart and nibble on your spleen for breakfast can look so cute and cuddly.
Tradition is the Backbone of the Spinele

Rob C

« Reply #204 on: December 13, 2013, 04:20:43 am »

It's amazing how two critters who could rip you apart and nibble on your spleen for breakfast can look so cute and cuddly.

Bwana,

That's because they have already had breakfast. Anyway, they like Hasselblads. Fortunately, they can't read logos close-up, and so can't spot a fake. Their eyes are designed to spot (and subsequently catch) fakes at a mile, by which time they no longer require precise, near-distance central focussing because instinct had taken over and they keep both eyes open... That's why it's considered unsporting to approach them in an enclosed truck, and after breakfast.

However, all that said, you can't escape the facts of commercial life on the savannah: the deals have been long struck and it's in the interest of all parties, furry and otherwise, to continue the game. An entire economy depends upon it. In Europe, we have agrotourism, which amounts to much the same thing.

;-)

Rob C

Ed Blagden

« Reply #205 on: December 13, 2013, 07:20:57 am »

Just started to read this thread.  Here is my contribution.

Rob C

« Reply #206 on: December 13, 2013, 02:19:13 pm »

Just started to read this thread.  Here is my contribution.

And to think I'd thought that I was in the selfie thread!

;-)

Rob C

Rocco Penny

« Reply #207 on: December 14, 2013, 07:16:02 am »

I find that Blonde on Blonde is very conducive to quick Photoshop work. So, wearing my brand new leopard skin pillbox hat, I produced this genuine, Hasselblad D700 Anniversary Edition frame.

Thinking of Keith, of course, and his various journeyings into Hellenic waters, I stayed this side of the Mediterranean instead.

Rob C
I wonder how many people get you Rob?
well,
the work you are doing with your new interest has me thinking about the images as one might have a song pop in ones head.
HEY JUUUUUDE don't make it bad.
Only with a coke bottle.
Bad ass work is what it is.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nptMn4YMCCM

Rob C

« Reply #208 on: December 14, 2013, 02:03:08 pm »

I wonder how many people get you Rob?
well,
the work you are doing with your new interest has me thinking about the images as one might have a song pop in ones head.
HEY JUUUUUDE don't make it bad.
Only with a coke bottle.
Bad ass work is what it is.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nptMn4YMCCM

Thank you, Rocco, its hard work. ;-)

However, if you dig some musical coke, there's a - line - at the bottom of my Coke page:

http://www.roma57.com/coke.html

Enjoy, but don't ask any questions.

Rob C

mkrupp

« Reply #209 on: January 14, 2014, 01:58:53 pm »

I'll also say that taking off the cover is no problem.
Don't touch anything inside.
Get some bottled air blasters from the local computer or big box type store
Compressed air in a can, what a novelty
anyway, run your vacuum, then gingerly spray compressed air while sucking out all the dislodged dust as possible,
again,
don't touch anything.
Then,
if you want to be a little adventurous,
there are many strategies with which to improve your current computer's performance.
It sounds like you either have apps running full time, or perhaps not enough memory left to do simple things.
In any case,
if it is just an internet only rig,
I know how to disable virtual memory and get a ton more room,
downside is if OS crashes you're boned

Jeez, guess I should be more careful.  For years I've just opened the case and blasted the dust with my shop air compressor. 50psi or so works really good. It's especially fun cleaning all the fans in the thing this way, they get spinning so fast they scream! Doesn't work too good on keyboards though, tends to send keys flying all over the place.

My computers just keep on going ...

Rob C

« Reply #210 on: January 14, 2014, 02:49:57 pm »

Jeez, guess I should be more careful.  For years I've just opened the case and blasted the dust with my shop air compressor. 50psi or so works really good. It's especially fun cleaning all the fans in the thing this way, they get spinning so fast they scream! Doesn't work too good on keyboards though, tends to send keys flying all over the place.

My computers just keep on going ...

Then my money - and the fact that you indicted yours must be of a certain age - tells me you aren't running Windows 8.

I tried to load in an old Microsoft Office Word thing I had from an old unit of mine - legit, and with code - and got as far as opening the document page, and on the very first letter I struck, up popped a notice telling me there was a missing line of code and I couldn't proceed any further.

Today, the shop saw me yet again, and they suggested I try using Libre Office. I free-downloaded two sets of files, and the icon sits on the desktop, but when I click, left does zero and right brings up a list that helps not in the least to get me to a blank page where I can start to write a letter. This entire pile of crap cost me just under a friggin' thousand euros, and my e-mails via Thunderbird suck (I can't get to use the perfectly working old Windows Mail route anymore), and though I can see all the incoming mail, I've lost most of my outward bound efforts, and the order of arrivals keeps changing too: one day the last are first, some days they are a mixed bag, and sometimes they work as hoped: last one on top of the pile!

And please, don't anybody suggest I contact the Microsoft site: I have, and get nowhere. Try them sometime and attempt to send them a direct e-mail outlining anything that doesn't fit neat little boxes. Like so many multies, they hide their real contact details because they don't want to know, and probably because they understand all too well that they'd spend their entire day answering problems they have sold on to folks like me. At any rate, that's the way that the Microsoft experience of today strikes me.

No wonder I don't sleep very well anymore. Progress? What's that - something to do with pilgrims?

Rob C

P.S. I have managed to defeat the beast yet again: I can get the Libre Office to work! The problem wasn't theirs, the problem was the roundabout way that W8 forces one to do things. Having icon on the desktop isn't enough: you have to do more than that now. So thanks to Libre after all!
« Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 03:45:09 pm by Rob C »

mkrupp

« Reply #211 on: January 14, 2014, 03:53:00 pm »

My desktop machine started as XP and then I moved it up to Windows 7. It's about 8 years old now but runs good. I have a tablet with Windows 8 and I hate it.

Have you tried doing the Office Updates thing for your Word problem? Maybe it just needs to be brought up to speed with the latest patches and such.

Mitch

Rob C

« Reply #212 on: January 14, 2014, 04:57:32 pm »

My desktop machine started as XP and then I moved it up to Windows 7. It's about 8 years old now but runs good. I have a tablet with Windows 8 and I hate it.

Have you tried doing the Office Updates thing for your Word problem? Maybe it just needs to be brought up to speed with the latest patches and such.

Mitch

Thanks, Mitch,

I've managed to get the Libre Office to work; what happened was that the icon appeared on the desktop, and I made the apparently mistaken assumption that if it's on the desktop, then it's installed. It wasn't: I had to trawl through the works and discovered that it had indeed been downloaded but not installed. That took a few more clicks. Oy veh!

Regarding Thunderbird: I lost the ability to write an e-mail earlier this evening, and only by the chance tapping of the Alt key, did I notice that the entire screen drops down about a centimetre to reveal once more the entire Tools, Edit, View stuff. Who on Earth would ever want them to vanish, and if so, why? But my folder of sent e-mails is pretty much all lost, and it's just as well that I never do banking and stuff like that via the computer.

But thank you for your suggestions.

Rob C

wolfnowl

• M&M's Musings
« Reply #213 on: January 15, 2014, 02:33:16 pm »

This saves my sanity with Windows 8: http://www.stardock.com/products/start8/

Being the Hasselfake thread, I guess I should post something...

HDR from Cathedral Grove.

Mike.
If your mind is attuned t

Rob C

« Reply #214 on: January 15, 2014, 03:53:08 pm »

This saves my sanity with Windows 8: http://www.stardock.com/products/start8/

Being the Hasselfake thread, I guess I should post something...

HDR from Cathedral Grove.

Mike.

One thing this piccy tells me is how bleak I'd find the world without at least a few people around to meet - or avoid - at will. Being alone with that stuff forever would drive me absolutely screamingly insane. I think I could survive a desert island better than a forest. Blair Witch definitely touched on something primordial in the human spirit, some fear or dread of an experience we have never yet had to undergo, but fear none the less real for that. I wonder what it was?

Rob C

amolitor

« Reply #215 on: January 15, 2014, 04:05:34 pm »

Here's my contribution.

Christoph C. Feldhaim

• There is no rule! No - wait ...
« Reply #216 on: January 15, 2014, 04:12:20 pm »

Time to give something to this thread :):

Cheers
~Chris

Laundry, Cathedral and Antennas

Rob C

« Reply #217 on: January 16, 2014, 04:44:26 am »

Ah! That's shot with the 4/150 Sonnarfake stopped well down, I see! Great lenses, Zeus makes.

Rob C

Rob C

« Reply #218 on: January 19, 2014, 12:29:44 pm »

Some Nat Geog Fantasising.

Rob C

Rob C

« Reply #219 on: January 20, 2014, 03:16:12 pm »

Not a lot to say about this happening; actually, I wondered if it should have been photographed at all, but since there was no malice aforethought...

Okay - if I must add something - wish there had been some sunshine.

Rob C
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12   Go Up