Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Super Wide Church Interior  (Read 840 times)

cjogo

Super Wide Church Interior
« on: May 28, 2013, 01:41:48 am »

GTO Mexico ---   Hassy 38mm Biogon ..one sharp/well-corrected lens

Harald L

Re: Super Wide Church Interior
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2013, 03:04:40 am »

just perfect. +1
Glad to be an amateur

francois

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2013, 06:37:45 am »

The symmetry is perfect to lead you to the altar. The dark aisles contrast with the well lit center of the image.

Congrats!
Francois

cjogo

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2013, 12:57:11 pm »

Thanks to all ...might be a few ghost images -- but luckily it was more than a 2 minute exposure ....

WalterEG

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2013, 07:25:15 pm »

I have to say that I am highly amused by the almost 'comic' radiating lines of the reredos in the apse.

The expected excellence and wonder Cjogo.

Dave (Isle of Skye)

• I've even written a book about it
    • SkyePhotoGuide.com
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2013, 07:55:04 pm »

I very much like the shot, but can I ask, is it a scan from film? Because not being a film photographer other than a 35mm way back when, the large amount of speckles around the pews in the foreground, make me feel like I need to get in there with the spot healing tool, yet there are too many spots to heal. Is it film grain or speckles picked up during the scan I wonder, is it meant to be there or is it a mistake?

So yes, a great shot and great composition and symmetry, but as a digital only guy, I find the speckles make me feel uncomfortable, because I know I would feel compelled to spend several hours healing them out I suppose ???

So nothing wrong with the image, just my twitchy Photoshop forefinger I think.

Dave

MattNQ

• My Website
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2013, 08:13:08 pm »

Well exposed and composed image - it works very well in mono  - you've nicely captured a huge amount of detail that I think would get lost in a colour image.
Matt

cjogo

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2013, 09:28:55 pm »

I very much like the shot, but can I ask, is it a scan from film? Because not being a film photographer other than a 35mm way back when, the large amount of speckles around the pews in the foreground, make me feel like I need to get in there with the spot healing tool, yet there are too many spots to heal. Is it film grain or speckles picked up during the scan I wonder, is it meant to be there or is it a mistake?

So yes, a great shot and great composition and symmetry, but as a digital only guy, I find the speckles make me feel uncomfortable, because I know I would feel compelled to spend several hours healing them out I suppose ???

So nothing wrong with the image, just my twitchy Photoshop forefinger I think.

Dave

You really never realize  >  just how filthy your processing /water supply was, in your darkroom, until you start HiRez scanning.  Every little detail shows up === this image has had lots of spotting already > I have a time limit on spotting ~ unless it is for sale.
Pages: [1]   Go Up