Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HD died; Need help re-establishing custom printer templates  (Read 1306 times)

rebadurchee

A few weeks ago I was told my Windows installation was too messed and I had to do a reinstall of Windows.  I had just backed up everything when my HD died.  I didn't want to install my bad old system all over again, so I chose to do a clean install with a brand new SSD.  However, all my LR settings were gone, including my custom printer templates.

Finally I found my old custom printer templates and imported them into my current LR4 installation.  Now, however, when I click on the custom template, for instance 2-8x12 on 1-13x19 the two cells are correct but the paper size is now 8.5 x 11 and the printer has shifted from my Epson 3880 to my default office printer (with a sheet size of 8.5 x 11).  How do I get LR to accept the 3880 as its default printer and not go back to the office printer with each and every selection of size or image? 

Thanks,

Stilson
« Last Edit: May 27, 2013, 08:26:26 pm by rebadurchee »

Richowens

C:\Users\Rich\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom\Print Templates\User Templates

this is Win7 64 bit.

Rich

rebadurchee

Re: HD died; Need help re-establishing custom printer templates
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2013, 08:27:10 pm »

Thanks!  However, my problems have been upgraded... see edited original post.

aduke

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2013, 10:10:05 pm »

I've been in this position a couple of times. In each case, I had to rebuild the custom paper sizes for the printer and then update each preset after having set the necessary paper size. Its a pain :(

Perhaps someone will see this subject and present both of us with an easier solution.

Alan

rebadurchee

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2013, 11:35:42 pm »

Thanks, Alan, yes, it sure is a pain.  I know I'm not the swiftest LR guy so I thought there might be an easier way.
Pages: [1]   Go Up