Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Screaming Tranquility  (Read 1307 times)

Matt Tilghman

• MattTilghman.com
Screaming Tranquility
« on: May 26, 2013, 12:43:20 pm »

This peaceful scene is from the Rocky Mountains, near Park City, Utah. The stream was actually roaring quite powerfully, what with all the snowmelt of spring. The beautiful aspen trees were also adding to the cacophony, rustling loudly in the afternoon wind. Even the sunlight felt loud, casting harsh shadows that moved as chaotically as aspen leaves. But despite the assault on all of my senses, this lovely glen made me feel totally serene and peaceful. Sometimes it seems like the noises of nature can actually add to the tranquility, drowning out all the world's artificialities.

Screaming Tranquility
Check out my gallery and photoshop blog:  www.MattTilghman.com

DwayneOakes

Re: Screaming Tranquility
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2013, 09:01:14 pm »

Amen to that, in your last line ! Tough exposure and you nailed it. Great path of the light "back lit". You got to love
those yellow tones in the top left tree leaves. Beautiful place ! No nits from me, the only thing I might have tried is
to use my sunglasses "poor mans ND filter" in front of the lens to slow the shutter speed down even more for the
motion blur. Thanks for posting.

Take care,
Dwayne Oakes

« Last Edit: May 26, 2013, 09:03:45 pm by DwayneOakes »

stamper

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2013, 04:01:53 am »

This is very nice. The amount of blur is subjective and I am sure you would have taken this scene with different shutter speeds. As it is it is fine. The enhanced colour suits the image and would  - imo - look good framed and hung on a wall. :)

Paulo Bizarro

• http://www.paulobizarro.com
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2013, 04:06:29 am »

Special light quality, well photographed.

Riaan van Wyk

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2013, 01:53:32 pm »

But despite the assault on all of my senses, this lovely glen made me feel totally serene and peaceful. Sometimes it seems like the noises of nature can actually add to the tranquility, drowning out all the world's artificialities.

Matt, your words are so true. I wrote the following in a thread I posted here in 2010:

"Attached images is from a river not far from my home. This has been my place of refuge and sollitude for almost three years, learning about exposure and all the other things that go along with photography- I also learnt more about myself in the time spent around here while listening to the robins fighting over nesting place at sunset, watching herons and kingfishers on their neverending quest of finding protein and even getting to know the herds of local cattle that use the river for nourishment. And truth be told, I probably wouldn't be here tonight, writing this, if it wasn't for photography and this river- life has a strange way of kicking you in the teeth when you have toothache."

sdwilsonsct

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2013, 02:19:02 pm »

Very well-captured especially given the lighting challenges. I'm a bit jealous, having poked unsuccessfully around a similar scene  for three summers.

Matt Tilghman

• MattTilghman.com
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2013, 07:30:18 pm »

Thanks everyone for all the kind words!
Check out my gallery and photoshop blog:  www.MattTilghman.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up