Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Advice on Fuji X-Pro1  (Read 1360 times)

DaveCurtis

• http://www.magiclight.co.nz
Advice on Fuji X-Pro1
« on: May 25, 2013, 09:12:02 pm »

After reading Michael's reviews and other reviews on the Fuji X-pro1 and also taking one for a test drive at the local camera shop, I am considering purchasing the camera.

However I am still reading worrying comments regarding the sensor and raw converters. e.g. watercoloring, color bleeding, zipper artifacts, chroma artifacts, strange little white dots, etc

I would like to here comments from Fuji users. My current choice of software is Lightroom.

Kevin Raber

• Kevin Raber
    • Kevin Raber
Re: Advice on Fuji X-Pro1
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2013, 11:25:36 pm »

Micahel and I both use the camera and we really like it.  I use Capture One and it does a really nice job with files.  Micahel uses LR and he seems to be pulling great images.  So, you have choices.  The lenses that are now available make this a sweet camera.  We will be testing on our trip to Austrailia over the enxt two weeks the 55-200 and the 12 and 32 mm Zeiss lenses.  First impressions are impressive.  Stay tuned.

Kevin Raber
Kevin Raber
kwr@rabereyes.com
kevin@photopxl.com
rockhopperworkshops.com
photopxl.com

Martin Ranger

• My Website.
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2013, 05:38:06 am »

I use Capture One and it does a really nice job with files.

+1
I love the images I get out of my X-E1 with Capture One. The latest version of SilkyPix also does a great job, perhaps even better than Capture One; it is not as cumbersome to use as people make out, but for me the C1 workflow was a better fit.
There are situations in which you might get the artifacts people complain about. But for the kind of images I make, this has not been an issue at all.

Martin
Martin Ranger
Seattle, WA

www.martinrangerimages.com

Alan Smallbone

• APS Photography
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2013, 11:46:11 am »

The latest versions of Lightroom work well for the X-Pro 1. The older versions you would find more artifacts. I currently use Lightroom and Capture One. IMO Capture One does a slightly better job but it is very close now, it wasn't for quite a time. I tried Silkypix and I even tried their paid version, yes you can make it work but I found it far less intuitive to use than Capture One and Lightroom. I believe the raw conversion is non-issue now. The lenses that are available are great, the images from the camera are great, it is fun to use camera and easy to carry around. Even the zoom lenses are high quality. I still have my dslrs for when I am shooting long focal length and for some other reasons, but for day to day and for ease of use it is hard to beat the Fuji. As Michael mentioned it has character.

Alan
Alan Smallbone
Orange County, CA

DaveCurtis

• http://www.magiclight.co.nz
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2013, 02:14:15 am »

Thanks for the update guys.

Looks like the issue is now almost a none issue.

Looking forward to the Touit review Kevin.

The sound of Zeiss lenses with AF on that X-Pro1 body has me rather excited.

Pages: [1]   Go Up