Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Markus Klinko - Fashion/Celebrity Workshop in LA  (Read 13933 times)

Rob C

Re: Markus Klinko - Fashion/Celebrity Workshop in LA
« Reply #40 on: June 13, 2013, 02:30:47 pm »

My point about not wanting any female in my family in the business is academic: none wanted it.

That some make millions is well documented, as are the 'train-wrecks' too. My personal opinion isn't really coloured by the drugs, because I think that that depends on the individual to resist or otherwise; more, I think about the unpleasantness that can come from clients who use their power for personal, non-business advantage, and there are many; it even happens to snappers, never mind models where sex comes into the game on top of everything else.

Really, I sort of dislike the idea of a business where you can't metaphorically close the shop and go home to your own, private life without someone wanting a piece of you out of hours...

I used to face that at weekends: Friday afternoon the 'phone would ring with requests (?) for prints first thing Monday. Those ADs didn't work weekends. And often they didn't need the pics on Monday, either: I distinctly remember going back later in the week to an office and the shots were still lying on the desk, in the glassine envelope where they'd been left when I delivered them. It's about demonstrating power. But of course, you knew that from life already.

;-)

Rob C

TMARK

« Reply #41 on: June 13, 2013, 04:56:36 pm »

My point about not wanting any female in my family in the business is academic: none wanted it.

That some make millions is well documented, as are the 'train-wrecks' too. My personal opinion isn't really coloured by the drugs, because I think that that depends on the individual to resist or otherwise; more, I think about the unpleasantness that can come from clients who use their power for personal, non-business advantage, and there are many; it even happens to snappers, never mind models where sex comes into the game on top of everything else.

Really, I sort of dislike the idea of a business where you can't metaphorically close the shop and go home to your own, private life without someone wanting a piece of you out of hours...

I used to face that at weekends: Friday afternoon the 'phone would ring with requests (?) for prints first thing Monday. Those ADs didn't work weekends. And often they didn't need the pics on Monday, either: I distinctly remember going back later in the week to an office and the shots were still lying on the desk, in the glassine envelope where they'd been left when I delivered them. It's about demonstrating power. But of course, you knew that from life already.

;-)

Rob C

Now adays Ad agency ADs are working over the weekend.  They all look nervous and tell you about teh coffee shop/brew pub/gallery they are going to open in order to avoid the stress.

GWStudioLA

« Reply #42 on: June 13, 2013, 05:08:26 pm »

You are excused... but definitely not excused for jumping to conclusions about me. I just happen to be a 43 year old guy that enjoys listening to rap music :P I may not be young...but I'll always be young at heart.

The only thing I'm objecting to is bringing up pointless info..what does any of it have to do with his WORK? Let's face the big picture - this site is about PHOTOGRAPHY and not trolling the internet looking for some random articles about people's record and hating on them. That's not cool. If we did that to everyone on this forum (if we could hehe) we'd be finding a bunch of worse things about all of ya'll. ;)

Rob C

« Reply #43 on: June 14, 2013, 11:39:29 am »

You are excused... but definitely not excused for jumping to conclusions about me. I just happen to be a 43 year old guy that enjoys listening to rap music :P I may not be young...but I'll always be young at heart.

The only thing I'm objecting to is bringing up pointless info..what does any of it have to do with his WORK? Let's face the big picture - this site is about PHOTOGRAPHY and not trolling the internet looking for some random articles about people's record and hating on them. That's not cool. If we did that to everyone on this forum (if we could hehe) we'd be finding a bunch of worse things about all of ya'll. ;)

Didn't Mum tell you about mirrors?

;-)

Rob C

Ellis Vener

• http://www.ellisvener.com
« Reply #44 on: June 14, 2013, 12:38:45 pm »

The only thing I'm objecting to is bringing up pointless info..what does any of it have to do with his WORK? L

The WORK is also about one's professional ethics. That is why it is relevant. I didn't have to "troll the internet looking for articles about (his) record" - in professional circles  this was big news when it came out, just like the news about Annie Leibovitz's bankruptcy and her real estate woes. Does that mean  I am "hating on him" by pointing it out? I don't think so.  
« Last Edit: June 16, 2013, 09:12:07 pm by Ellis Vener »

Shmitty

« Reply #45 on: June 22, 2013, 02:08:11 am »

Attending if his retouchers Mete and Bianca, or of course Indrani, are there. Those type of behind the scenes people are the key. Kept locked up hidden and have all the insight.

GWStudioLA

« Reply #46 on: June 23, 2013, 07:50:58 pm »

Didn't Mum tell you about mirrors?

;-)

Rob C

IF YOU SEE SOMEONE HATIN' ...POINT 'EM OUT!

TMARK

« Reply #47 on: June 23, 2013, 08:10:23 pm »

IF YOU SEE SOMEONE HATIN' ...POINT 'EM OUT!

Snitches Get Stitches, Playa!

GWStudioLA

« Reply #48 on: June 23, 2013, 08:45:41 pm »

Snitches Get Stitches, Playa!

Hey TMARK..you sound very insightful and inspiring. Dying to see your work..where can I see it? (You must be so proud of it.)

TMARK

« Reply #49 on: June 24, 2013, 09:29:20 am »

Hey TMARK..you sound very insightful and inspiring. Dying to see your work..where can I see it? (You must be so proud of it.)

Thanks!  I know that the web is not a medium where nuance and sarcasm is clearly communicated, which is what I was doing with my post. 

I value my privacy, because one of the first things that goes down when hiring any one is web checking to see if they are a prick who engages in endless argument on forums, or is otherwise a fool.  Being public also stifles speach, because I can criticize things without much fear of blowback.  Now that i work at an ad agency, an Omnicom shop, its even more important.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up