Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Photoshop CS6 Upgrades No Longer On Sale in the UK  (Read 7186 times)

Simon J.A. Simpson

Photoshop CS6 Upgrades No Longer On Sale in the UK
« on: May 23, 2013, 10:29:37 am »

Photoshop CS6 is no longer available as an upgrade in the UK (from the Adobe site, Amazon and others).  You can only get it as a “CC” subscription.

That was awfully quick, or did I miss something ?

I was contemplating the wisdom of a (last) Photoshop upgrade and then (thank you Adobe) had that option removed.

Probably my last version of Photoshop, therefore.  Thinking of alternatives.

Bart_van_der_Wolf

Re: Photoshop CS6 Upgrades No Longer On Sale in the UK
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2013, 10:40:58 am »

Photoshop CS6 is no longer available as an upgrade in the UK (from the Adobe site, Amazon and others).  You can only get it as a “CC” subscription.

Hi Simon,

Did you ask someone at Adobe (call them), and they told you, or can't you find the link?
I know the CS6 link is almost impossible to find, but people were able to find it earlier.

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

Simon J.A. Simpson

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2013, 10:59:58 am »

Thanks Bart.  I'll take another look; but on first inspection there seemed no link to upgrades or purchase of non-CC versions.

thierrylegros396

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2013, 11:38:25 am »

Bart, it is no more visible in the Benelux website too !!

Only Clouds options for Photoshop seem to be possible.

So I will keep my CS5 version unless I find a retailler that has one upgrade copy in stock.

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2013, 12:14:06 pm »

Check a reseller. At least here in the US, reseller's are showing it's available. For example:
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=&sku=944423&is=REG&Q=&A=details

I'd hope you are not forced to purchase from Adobe alone.
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2013, 12:20:13 pm »

Bart, it is no more visible in the Benelux website too !!

I bookmarked this link for the Netherlands:
https://www.adobe.com/nl/products/catalog/cs6._sl_id-contentfilter_sl_catalog_sl_software_sl_creativesuite6.html?start=10

I tried changing the '/nl/' part of the URL to '/uk/', but it switches back to the Dutch site (probably something to do with cookies), so I don't know if the link works for the UK. I also don't know what happens further down the purchase trajectory, there may be some hurdles.

Cheers,
Bart

ButchM

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2013, 12:33:00 pm »

Thanks Bart.  I'll take another look; but on first inspection there seemed no link to upgrades or purchase of non-CC versions.

There isn't a direct link to upgrade pricing options on the US site either. You must Click on the "Buy" link, then only the "Full" option is visible by default ... you must click on the "I want to buy:" then you will have the option to select either Full or Upgrade.

Isaac

Robert55

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2013, 05:16:04 pm »

In general, they are hiding this option more and more [childish]: you must now look on the Creative Suite 6 page of the site you want/must buy from. Country is I suppose determined by your ip adress, not a cookie.

mouse

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2013, 12:47:44 am »

Indeed it demonstrates again Adobe's disregard for their customer base and gives one further cause to lose trust. >:(
Currently one must migrate through a maze of sites to finally get to the place where one can order an upgrade to CS6.
The method outlined by ButchM worked for me.

Dave (Isle of Skye)

• I've even written a book about it
    • SkyePhotoGuide.com
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2013, 05:42:01 am »

I was contemplating the wisdom of a (last) Photoshop upgrade and then (thank you Adobe) had that option removed.

Probably my last version of Photoshop, therefore.  Thinking of alternatives.

Here is a link to a couple of copies of the CS6 upgrade on ebay, it will be interesting to see how much they go for now it appears they are becoming sought after.

Dave

Isaac

« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2013, 10:36:33 am »

Currently one must migrate through a maze of sites to finally get to the place where one can order an upgrade to CS6.

Did you try typing "photoshop cs6" into the search box on the local adobe website?

The adobe.com search shows Photoshop CS6 information including the "Buy now" link.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2013, 10:40:07 am by Isaac »

mouse

« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2013, 12:59:01 am »

Did you try typing "photoshop cs6" into the search box on the local adobe website?

Yes, I did.  That promptly takes one to a site promoting Adobe Cloud, CC6

Isaac

« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2013, 11:25:50 pm »

Which local adobe website?

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2013, 08:21:03 am »

Yes, I did.  That promptly takes one to a site promoting Adobe Cloud, CC6

Hi,

On the Dutch local site the search for Photoshop CS6 only produced a page of help topics and links to blog posts, until I switched the language to English, which then produced completely different info, including purchase options.

It seems like their website errs in favor of the CC. That's why I had to bookmark that direct link for some of my Dutch colleagues.

Cheers,
Bart

Isaac

« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2013, 12:20:16 pm »

On the Dutch local site...

Work through the menus from the homepage - "Producten" "Toplocaties" "Creative Suite" "Informatie over CS6-producten" "Photoshop CS6" "CS6 kopen" - and then "Sorry, this page is not available".

The localized website seems to be broken - maybe they'll fix it if someone tells them.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2013, 12:31:43 pm by Isaac »

PhotoEcosse

« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2013, 05:25:09 am »

While professional photographers or designers might feel a need to use the latest software, the vast majority of us - i.e. genuine amateur photographers - probably don't.

Some of us are illogically geeky and like to use the latest versions. But do we really need to?

Back about 1982 my home computer ran an operating system called CPM+. The word processing software that ran on it was called WordStar and the spreadsheet programme was called SuperCalc. If I am honest, all of my current word processing and spreadsheet needs could still be met by those two programmes. Yet I have been lured along a totally unnecessary upgrade path, first through AmiPro and Lotus 1-2-3, and then into Microsoft Office.

I have a feeling that a sizeable number of amateur photographers might now be persuaded to abandon Adobe (or at least CS) and opt for simpler, cheaper (free) programmes that meet their needs. We don't mind spending small sums of money on occasional physical upgrades but will, I think, baulk at paying a horrendous subscription for something that will lapse if we ever cancel our sub.
"Reality is an illusion caused by lack of alcohol."
Alternatively, "Life begins at the far end of your comfort zone."
Pages: [1]   Go Up