Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: MFT Particularly Good for Panoramic and Mosaic Stitches  (Read 18784 times)

Telecaster

Re: MFT Particularly Good for Panoramic and Mosaic Stitches
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2013, 04:42:35 pm »

In my current contrarian mood I say: bring on the fake! It's time to bury the notion that photos are windows onto the world. That's BS. Photos are interpretations. Electronic abstractions. (Or electro-chemical if you're using film.) Choosing to make photos resemble the way we see the world is only that: a choice. Unless you're shooting to someone else's brief it's in no way a mandate, requirement or necessity.

As to the topic at hand...I've shot the source material for some panos with my OM-D5 and 28mm Nikon shift lens. Haven't stitched anything together yet...gotta set up my new desktop system first. (Currently using an iPad, post-spinal surgery, for all computing activity.) But the source files look really good.

-Dave-

slothead

« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2013, 10:35:45 am »

Well, I'm not at the experience level of some of you, but I am completely happy with the capabilities of my MFT equipment.

The image below is an IR Pano of one row of about 4 (or was it 5) images taken with the OM-D and the Panasonic 14-140. Exif: ISO2000, f/11, 2.5 sec exposure per image.

Tom
Nikon D800, D750, N1 J5, Sony A7R, a6000, a5100, Oly E-P2IR
and an assortment of lenses, adapters and tripods

BJL

« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2013, 11:48:53 am »

@slothead: congratulations on combining the themes of two threads in this forum in one fascinating image!

slothead

« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2013, 04:06:41 pm »

Thanks BJL.  I'm just a very technical kind of guy.   :D
Tom
Nikon D800, D750, N1 J5, Sony A7R, a6000, a5100, Oly E-P2IR
and an assortment of lenses, adapters and tripods
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up