Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: 10 Photo Editing Programs (that aren't Photoshop)  (Read 8580 times)

kirkt

Re: 10 Photo Editing Programs (that aren't Photoshop)
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2013, 09:25:13 am »

Agreed.  Also, the more I look into using it the more I realize some of the simple things that Photoshop should do that Photoline does already.  Like, sharpening and blur filters are simply adjustment layers - go back and tweak their settings in the stack whenever you want, with instant feedback.  You can do presumably simple things like USM with different light and dark radii without having to jump through Smart Object hoops.  Etc.

Lots to explore.

kirk

Wayland

• Trust me I'm a Viking
    • Waylandscape
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2013, 07:30:13 am »

Thanks, I'll purchase Photoline without trying it out.

At this point in time this is not about the immediate value for me, it is about bringing PS alternatives to the right level before CS6 becomes unusable, which requires pro-active funding.

It is also pretty cool to support a software vendor from Germany, there are not that many around in the image editing field.

Cheers,
Bernard

That's exactly the approach I'm taking.

I'm not going to dump the product I've already paid for after all but I need something viable to move to when my system outgrows CS6.
Photoline is very close already, with a bit of support I think they could leave Adobe in the dust of it's own arrogance.
Wayland. [/S

charlesmathew

« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2015, 04:03:45 am »

It is old post, But i cannot stop myself commenting on this. Because the post of dpreview you shared is really amazing list of photoshop online alternative, Today i finished all the tool which you shared in the dpreview article, The most i like is Pixlr, And in terms of Pixlr i like GIMP and one which is recently launch known as toolpic. Hope it help other user also.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up