Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What's your favorite Matte Paper for landscapes with Pigmented inks?  (Read 6006 times)

marcmccalmont

I'm planning on testing half a dozen matte papers and would appreciate your input!
What's your favorite Matte Paper for landscapes with Pigmented inks?
Thanks
Marc
Marc McCalmont

Josh-H

• Wild Nature Photo Travel

I'm personally addicted to Moab Somerset Museum Rag and Moab Entrada Rag Natural. Love both of these.
Wild Nature Photo Travel

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas

I prefer Epson Hot Press Bright and Breathing Color's Optica 1.  The later has OB's but the output has great detail and DMAX.  Optica 1 has a very smooth finish and allows for a very detailed print.  Has a bit of a curl issue as the roll gets used however.

I missed the previous post on subject.  I am printing mainly outdoor scenic work all digital capture.  I also do some limited printing for local artists.  For that type of work, which is mainly watercolor repro, I don't use the Optica 1 and use Canson's Arches textured paper.  For my personal work (examples on my website) I prefer the two papers I first listed.  Optica 1 allows very fine details to be printed and has an excellent DMAX, I realize that is due partly to OBA's. 

Paul Caldwell
« Last Edit: May 19, 2013, 10:21:30 am by Paul2660 »
Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com

Roscolo

HP Matte Litho.

Also just printed a series of landscapes on satin paper and then sprayed several topcoats of matte. Really turned out fantastic.

walter.sk

Epson Hot Press Natural.

Mike Guilbault

• Mike Guilbault Photography

I have only found one or two images that I don't like on Epson Cold Press Natural.  I think once I get the soft-proofing correct on those two images, they'll be fine as well. I love the texture for landscapes and the feel of the paper is very organic.  I also prefer the 'natural' colour as sometimes the Bright papers are just too bright, IMO.  I've also produced some portraits with it and I was surprised how well they look with the texture. 
Mike Guilbault

marcmccalmont

Thanks for all your inputs
Marc
Marc McCalmont
Pages: [1]   Go Up