Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Compact System Camera Forum added  (Read 7247 times)

michael

Compact System Camera Forum added
« on: May 17, 2013, 09:23:58 am »

Compact System Cameras (mirrorless) are no longer the junior partners of DSLRs. They are now a significant segment of the contemporary camera market and growing in penetration at a very fast rate.

Small, lighter, and with lenses that are similarly easier on the shoulder and back. Image quality equals and even surpasses bulkier DSLRs with similar sized sensors.

Michael

BJL

Compact System Camera Forum: thanks, and can we avoid trash talk?
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2013, 10:04:29 am »

Thanks Michael,

I greatly look forward to a place to discuss topics like techniques and issues specific to "mirror-free" cameras that exclusively use live video for composition, and the valid pros and cons in matching equipment choices to various photographic priorities and goals. I just hope that this forum does not suffer from almost every thread being turned into "why you are using the wrong camera and should be using my preferred type of camera instead"!

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
Re: Compact System Camera Forum added
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2013, 01:57:32 pm »

Great!

Compact System Cameras (mirrorless) are no longer the junior partners of DSLRs. They are now a significant segment of the contemporary camera market and growing in penetration at a very fast rate.

Small, lighter, and with lenses that are similarly easier on the shoulder and back. Image quality equals and even surpasses bulkier DSLRs with similar sized sensors.

Michael
Erik Kaffehr

david loble

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2013, 09:12:57 pm »

Hooray! Or is it hurrah?
David

Richowens

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2013, 11:05:54 pm »

YES

kencameron

• Recent Photographs
Re: Compact System Camera Forum: thanks, and can we avoid trash talk?
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2013, 08:18:02 am »

Thanks Michael,
I just hope that this forum does not suffer from almost every thread being turned into "why you are using the wrong camera and should be using my preferred type of camera instead"!
+1.
Ken Cameron

David S

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2013, 01:52:31 pm »

+1 !

Dave S

Piboy

• http://samwardphoto.com
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2013, 11:50:44 pm »

Well deserved and long overdue!
Sam W.
samwardphoto.com

duane_bolland

• flexiblelightphotography.com
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2013, 02:49:35 pm »

Now that we have the "Compact System Cameras" forum and the "Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography" forum, maybe "Cameras, Lenses and Shooting gear" should be renamed to reflect a 35mm DSLR format?  I don't have the answer; I'm just asking the question. 

BJL

... maybe "Cameras, Lenses and Shooting gear" should be renamed to reflect a 35mm DSLR format?  I don't have the answer; I'm just asking the question. 
For now at least, I like having a general gear forum, as well as a few more specific forums for types of cameras that are used by a smaller number of Luminous Landscape forum participants, like cameras that are in larger than 36x34mm format and/or that do not have optical reflex viewfinders. There are still many topics for discussion that cross the lines between different types and sizes of system cameras.
Pages: [1]   Go Up