Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can I set up two NEC monitors AND a Thunderbolt display to the MBP retina?  (Read 2436 times)

watersole

Currently, it's possible to hook up both NEC's, or one NEC and the Thunderbolt display, but I'm stuck at adding the second NEC to the setup. Could it be a hub? OR another cable? Adaptor?  Any suggestions? :)

Steve House

Not a Mac user here but a quick look at the published specs reveals they say it supports "...up to TWO external displays" so it's not likely you can do it.

mac_paolo

Currently, it's possible to hook up both NEC's, or one NEC and the Thunderbolt display, but I'm stuck at adding the second NEC to the setup. Could it be a hub? OR another cable? Adaptor?  Any suggestions? :)
You're asking to drive a super high resolution display (retina) plus three (3!) other high resolution panels.
Steve is right, that's too much for the machine.
It all may change with external (expensive for sure) thunderbolt-driven VGAs and proper drivers.

LucDelorme

Actually, I've done it with my 15" Retina.  One display on each Thunderbolt port (via miniDP adapters), one display on the HDMI port, and the Retina Display.  It does work.  The only limitation is that HDMI is limited to 1920x1080 under OSX (It can actually go higher under Windows oddly enough).
Pages: [1]   Go Up