Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: z3100 and CS6 Drivers  (Read 867 times)

zippski

z3100 and CS6 Drivers
« on: May 12, 2013, 01:47:56 am »

Hi Everyone.  After downloading and installing a resident copy of CS6 on my 32bit Win7 machine tonight (a several hours long task that entailed "tech" support (loosely speaking), three reinstalls and a licence issue that is still not rectified...

I guess I have to explain further - three supposedly failed installs where Adobe apparently thinks I am reinstalling on three separate machines, and a completely clueless tech rep that cannot seem to understand that concept that I *can't* deactivate when it never installed in the first place, but I digress...

Anyway, CS6 suddenly appeared in my adobe folder notwithstanding it supposedly did not install.  It appears to be running smoothly and correctly I had to manually move over all my plug-ins.

Except one other thing:  I cannot print to the z3100 through the CS6 print utility.  At all.  It hangs when I choose the paper size.  The printer was always slow to respond through CS3, and slower still through CS5.  I am running USB to the printer, not ethernet.  It still prints through CS5.

Should I just continue printing through CS5, or should I try to download a newer printer driver, assuming I can still find one floating around on the net. Shouldn't the same printer driver work for CS5 and CS6?   Has anyone used CS6 and the z3100?

The main reason I don't want to uninstall and reinstall CS6, since it does appear to be otherwise working, is that I  suspect the installer will still hang, and I may not be able to licence a fourth attempt at an install - it booted me out the last time.

I see a lot of tech time in my future, and I also suspect I may never be able to recover that second licence.  Eventually the tech started saying that I had a "volume licence" that does not require deactivation only uninstalling, but I suspect he is wrong. 

Oh, and I just don't want to have to mess around installing Qimage, not yet...

Leigh
zippski

Roscolo

Re: z3100 and CS6 Drivers
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2013, 02:20:32 am »

I just print to my z3100 through CS 5.
Pages: [1]   Go Up