Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fuji X-Pro1 or X-E1  (Read 1424 times)

indusphoto

• 500px
Fuji X-Pro1 or X-E1
« on: May 10, 2013, 12:25:51 am »

I am looking to add Fuji system for a carry around alternative. I understand the difference between the two Fuji cameras, but I am not sure how it translates into real life shooting. Is range-finder better for street shooting or with manual focus?

I would like to know from the people who have used, owned both on which one they like and why. Any comments will be appreciated.

Thanks

Alan Smallbone

• APS Photography
Re: Fuji X-Pro1 or X-E1
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2013, 09:43:34 am »

I use the X-Pro 1 and my wife uses the X-E1, I prefer the X-Pro because it is slightly larger and fits my hands better, the X-E1 is a little smaller and a little comfortable to hold for me. I also like having the choice to switch between the optical and electronic viewfinders. Both are very nice cameras for small compacts, the lenses are excellent and you also have the ability to adapt a wide variety of lenses to the camera. The Fujis are excellent travel cameras, on some things I still use my dslr but I sure don't use it as much as I used to do.....

The other advantage that the X-E1 has over the X-pro 1 is the ability to use an electronic release, they both can use a mechanical release but the X-E1 offers the option to use an external electronic interval timer release. That is just an inconvenience depending on what you are doing. I sometimes do timelapses so I use my Canon for those...

Alan
Alan Smallbone
Orange County, CA

Iluvmycam

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2013, 09:47:59 am »

I have both. I like the XE1. But both are OK. It is not a rangefinder by any means. The AF is poor, esp with the 60mm. The 14 has OK AF.

ndevlin

• Follow me on Twitter
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2013, 07:06:47 am »

I used to think the E1 would be much better with the zooms, but my mind's been changed.  However, the new tele-zoom might really be EVF only, in which case the Pro1 holds no edge if that's lens you will use a lot.

Otherwise, it's all about handling. Do you want/love/need/hate the OVF, and how does the size of each feel?  Those are the questions.

There used to be a bigger price-factor, but there are some very attractive deals on the Pro1 these days.

Both fine cameras.

Enjoy.

-N.
Nick Devlin   @onelittlecamera        ww
Pages: [1]   Go Up