Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Down

Author Topic: Michael's take on Adobe CC  (Read 24244 times)

Tim Lookingbill

Re: Michael's take on Adobe CC
« Reply #160 on: May 16, 2013, 05:09:57 PM »

The people that should really be worried about this are the gurus Like Schewe, Kelby, Caponigro, it aint the pros taking their seminars and buying their books. Heck most of the high end pros are selling themselves as Photoshop gurus now to us amatuers. No Photoshop for us amateurs no need for courses and workshops, maybe the odd lightroom book and that's it.   hell this is probably going to save me a fortune.  Thanks adobe.  no more napp thats $80 , no more kelby training, that's 180$ the savings are adding up already.

Sad though I have spent a small fortune of my discretionary income with the "hobby".  But then again I'm loving capture one these days.

Sean

Was thinking just the same.

However, I've been saving going on a decade by teaching myself what I need to know about image editing apps and reading quite a few of the digital imaging support forums like this one to weed out any snags like what I'm just experiencing right now with my new intro into LR4 and the Raw Engine mismatch with the current flavor of photoshop.

And I remember reading something about this a year or so ago which scared me away from upgrading and now forgot about it. Try figuring out XMP, EXIF, IPTC metadata entry and embedding into images to discover a new level of exhausting complexity.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 05:17:25 PM by tlooknbill »

Gulag

Re: Michael's take on Adobe CC
« Reply #161 on: May 16, 2013, 05:31:51 PM »

The people that should really be worried about this are the gurus Like Schewe, Kelby, Caponigro, it aint the pros taking their seminars and buying their books. Heck most of the high end pros are selling themselves as Photoshop gurus now to us amatuers. No Photoshop for us amateurs no need for courses and workshops, maybe the odd lightroom book and that's it.   hell this is probably going to save me a fortune.  Thanks adobe.  no more napp thats $80 , no more kelby training, that's 180$ the savings are adding up already.

Sad though I have spent a small fortune of my discretionary income with the "hobby".  But then again I'm loving capture one these days.

Sean

My take is that many of us who have learned Photoshop will like need to unlearn it, and perhaps to learn something else. Adobe doesn't put a gun to everyone's head, and I know it's hard but you've got to make your choice.

"Photography is our exorcism. Primitive society had its masks, bourgeois society its mirrors. We have our images."

Jean Baudrillard
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Up