Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Imacon Flextight Precision II for sale, NOT in working condition - GONE  (Read 3273 times)

imagefoundry

Hello Photo Community,

I have an Imacon Precision II film scanner here that stopped working about a month ago - instead of turning on and waiting for firmware to load it just makes little clicks and that's it.

Considering the amount of film scanning we do here these days, as well as other scanning options we have available (ie. drum and desktop scanners) I decided not to bother with repairs but offer the unit up for sale AS IS.

The only steps I took so far along the repair lines is to call HB and ask if they can still repair it - they said no, I will have to look for someone locally (Toronto, CA) or in US. They did suggest that the problem could be with a power supply and yes they do have them for sale for about $250 USD.

So I am putting it up basically for a best offer I can get. The original unit was a few thousand dollars when I bought it, and I still have a few film holders for 35mm and 120 film.
If you have an extra couple hundred dollars to throw at me you can also have an old G4 powermac we used to run this scanner (specs maxed out) with, along 17" Apple StudioDisplay LCD monitor.

To make it less of a cat-in-a-bag scenario I can keep the scanner here with no money down while you are researching repair options. Let me know if you have any other ideas re: how to make it work for you. Potentially you can get a professional grade machine for a song.

We are located in Toronto, Canada - Imagefoundry, 1581 Dupont St.
You can stop by the shop and look at it / talk about it.
I can be reached as 416-477-5652 , 10AM to 6Pm on weekdays, or via email.

Thanks for looking!

best
Dimitri
« Last Edit: October 19, 2013, 10:27:22 am by imagefoundry »

imagefoundry

Re: Imacon Flextight Precision II for sale, NOT in working condition
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2013, 02:55:37 pm »

Astonishingly, I am getting PMs from people who still did not grasp that the scanner is NOT IN WORKING ORDER (see original post for details).

Once again - the scanner doesn't work.
If you feel like having a go at repairing / sorting out what's wrong with it - do contact me, please. You can have it for cheap.
Otherwise I will probably end up stripping parts that I can use for my hobby projects and junk the rest.

Thank you!

tnabbott

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2013, 09:51:48 am »

PM sent

pathensley

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2013, 03:50:31 pm »

PM'd

imagefoundry

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2013, 10:26:34 am »

The scanner is no longer available. Thank you for your interest!
Pages: [1]   Go Up