Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ICC profiles with Argyll CMS anyone? Question on ti3 file  (Read 1392 times)

G*

ICC profiles with Argyll CMS anyone? Question on ti3 file
« on: May 08, 2013, 01:50:31 am »

Hi. I am playing around with Argyll CMS to build a custom ICC profile for my Nikon D800E. I shot an IT8 color reference chart from Wolf Faust, exported a slightly cropped tif file through RawTherapee (dedicated export button for profiling) and started the "scanin" tool. After a few unsuccessful tries it produced a ti3 file and I was happy. Then I tried to feed it into the "colprof" tool, but somehow it wouldn’t work and then I had other things to do. Now, coming back to the project, I realize that the ti3 file is 87.51 GB (!) large. Is that normal? My hard drive is completely full now and I wonder if that might be the only reason why the file is not even larger …

Alan Goldhammer

• A Goldhammer Photography
Re: ICC profiles with Argyll CMS anyone? Question on ti3 file
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2013, 06:44:18 am »

You probably should post this to the ArgyllCMS listserve that you can find on their website.  I've not done any camera profiling so I cannot speak to the size of the Ti3 file for that application.  However, an 1800 patch set printer profile Ti3 file is only about 600KB!
Pages: [1]   Go Up