Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Picking up my 3880  (Read 1742 times)

nikonuser

Picking up my 3880
« on: May 07, 2013, 02:37:27 pm »

Well, tomorrow I will be picking up my 3880 and very much looking forward to it.
My first posts on this Forum were in relation to the 3000 but after receiving many of your positive comments about the reliability and what a great workhorse the 3880 is, I decided to go for it.
So, other than weekly nozzle checks are there any other routine maintenance checks I should carry out ie: a monthly shake of the individual carts. etc.
Thanks again for all your previous comments and help
dave

Sal Baker

Re: Picking up my 3880
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2013, 02:45:34 pm »

When you are absolutely sure that you found all of the blue tape, check three more times.  :)

There is no evidence that shaking the 3880 carts does any good.  In fact, removing the carts to shake them may actually cause problems.   Let the beast sleep in peace.

Sal

nikonuser

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2013, 03:06:18 pm »

Thanks Sal, probably me being over cautious at the moment until I get use to it.
Will let it rest at just the nozzle checks.
I hope you know that you were a BIG influence on me going for this printer....LOL.
Thanks for all your help both through these Forum pages and by PM's.
Dave

nikonuser

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2013, 05:01:09 pm »

Should I download the following which are on the Epson website
Printer Driver v6.60
EpsonNet Config. Utility v3.8
Remote Panel Utility v3.60

Not sure what the last 2 do or if they would make may difference
Thanks
Dave

Justin B

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2013, 06:25:06 pm »

Should I download the following which are on the Epson website
Printer Driver v6.60
EpsonNet Config. Utility v3.8
Remote Panel Utility v3.60

Not sure what the last 2 do or if they would make may difference
Thanks
Dave

You can, though all of that software will come on the disc. Don't worry about EpsonNet Config unless you're networking the printer. The remote panel utility can be handy; it lets you "quickly" do nozzle checks, update the firmware, do print head alignments, etc... Not required of course, since you can do all of this through the print driver anyway.

Edit: Congrats on the printer, by the way. We have one here that's been running strong for quite some time now. Does fantastic prints for the money.

-J
« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 06:26:41 pm by Justin B »
Justin Bodin
Breathing Color

nikonuser

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2013, 07:11:12 pm »

Thanks, Justin, for the information on the downloads and the positive comment on the printer, very much looking forward to seeing some A2 prints coming off it.
Thanks again
Dave

howardm

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2013, 09:45:09 am »

Really cannot emphasize the 'check for more blue tape' enough.  Check every possible door and access point.  There was someone who had the unit for 3 years and finally found the last few pieces.

Download the latest driver directly from Epson's website.

nikonuser

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2013, 02:00:48 pm »

Thanks, Howard, I will do a close inspection of the printer and anything blue gets removed.
Cheers
Dave

nikonuser

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2013, 02:32:18 pm »

47 blue strips and I think I may have got them all......but you never know they are around all the corner and everywhere.

One Frame at a Time

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2013, 05:08:20 pm »

Enjoy your new printer!  I had all the same concerns as you did.  Just got back and fired up my 3880 after 5 months of rest.  Didn't even need to run a cleaning cycle.  How cool is that?!

Now you have the whole wonderful world of papers to delve into...fun or a giant PIA depending on your temperament ;)

Paul

nikonuser

« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2013, 06:07:18 pm »

Thanks, Paul, I'm sure I have made the right choice in printers and glad to hear that it is not only me who has concerns when they first have this printer......it's a beast sitting next to me by the computer but can't wait to get it all fired up and spitting something out.
Cheers
Dave
Pages: [1]   Go Up