Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Adobe in the Clouds  (Read 1782 times)

Phinius

• Violet Crown Photogaphs
Adobe in the Clouds
« on: May 07, 2013, 09:19:58 am »

I understand that Adobe will be going exclusively into the cloud. I know that they do this already to some degree, has anyone experienced any problems or inconveniences?

StuartOnline

• Travels Photographer Stuart Schaefer
Re: Adobe in the Clouds
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2013, 10:40:03 am »

I understand that Adobe will be going exclusively into the cloud. I know that they do this already to some degree, has anyone experienced any problems or inconveniences?

Phinius

I have been using the Adobe Cloud since September 2012. Was able to get in for the $29.99 rate. At least for the first year. Have not really had any real issues. Once you down load a program it is just like having in on your system. You do not have to be logged on to the Internet to use. New features are being added all the time. Just yesterday more announcements where made of some new features coming in June. Looks like they will not have version numbers anymore. They are changing to Photoshop CC, Muse CC and so on. CC meaning Creative Cloud. One thing that they announced if you are not using the Creative Cloud you will not be getting any software updates from what I understand. Also from what I understand Lightroom will still be able to be purchased as a stand alone.

Phinius

• Violet Crown Photogaphs
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2013, 12:04:01 pm »

Thanks Stuart. It sounds like the change to the cloud is a good thing.

jwstl

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2013, 12:13:13 pm »

Thanks Stuart. It sounds like the change to the cloud is a good thing.

There's a very passionate discussion on this subject here:

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?topic=78085.0;topicseen

Most opinions are that it is not a "good thing".

Simon Garrett

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2013, 12:37:35 pm »

Most opinions are that it is not a "good thing".
And it's certainly not a "cheap thing".

In UK prices, Photoshop CS6 upgrade costs around £190, which (for an 18-month upgrade cycle) is £10.56 a month.  The cloud price for Photoshop is £17.58 a month (ignoring a one-year reduction for existing Photoshop users). 
Pages: [1]   Go Up