Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Into the Sunset  (Read 1978 times)

AFairley

Into the Sunset
« on: May 06, 2013, 12:46:09 pm »

This was a "grab shot" out of the car at a traffic light, so I didn't have time to fiddle with the composition or ability to change POV, but not sure I would have if I had been able to anyway....

Rob C

Re: Into the Sunset
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2013, 01:19:15 pm »

You know, were I in your shoes, were you in my shoes, you might consider killing away the equestrian statue on the left; once seen it destroys the magical horseman astride olde Silver inside the concrete 'n' glass.

Only the Spanish know why, so cruelly and mockingly, he called the injun Tonto.

That Lone Ranger wasn't lonely for nothing, you know; one mean-minded hombre, what with the fancy dress and all.

;-)

Rob C

WalterEG

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2013, 01:25:11 pm »

Are you thinking 'square' too Rob?

Rob C

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2013, 02:13:33 pm »

Are you thinking 'square' too Rob?

Dangerously so; I went to the hardware store this afternoon to buy a new cover for the ironing board (summer means I have to iron T-shirts) and the girl working there now is the daughter of a delightful senior citizen who used to run a studio in Pollensa; I know they used to have 500Cs... and they sold the studio long ago. I'm wondering if the Cs went with it. Maybe the new owners were too modern to take that sort of gear. Thing is, with my main pro shop gone now, all that type of repair service, parts etc. business is impossible. Best wait and see if I make it back to live in Britain. Or so I tell myself.

Rob C

AFairley

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2013, 02:26:23 pm »

You know, were I in your shoes, were you in my shoes, you might consider killing away the equestrian statue on the left; once seen it destroys the magical horseman astride olde Silver inside the concrete 'n' glass.

I had thought about that too, so before I printed I cropped two versions w. the same aspect ratio in LR, one with no statue and more tree in left and the one I posted.  I decided I liked the one with the statue better, because it explained what was going on in the middle more.  But now I also like the square crop idea, better than the rectangular crop without the statue. Choices, choices.

BTW, the statue is John Wayne....

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2013, 03:04:43 pm »

... you might consider killing away the equestrian statue on the left; once seen it destroys the magical horseman astride olde Silver inside the concrete 'n' glass...

+1

wolfnowl

• M&M's Musings
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2013, 02:42:33 am »

Rob C

My thought exactly!

Mike.
If your mind is attuned t

francois

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2013, 04:04:48 am »

you might consider killing away the equestrian statue on the left; once seen it destroys the magical horseman astride olde Silver inside the concrete 'n' glass.

Initially, I didn't see the statue, only the reflection. It made me imagine many things about that cowboy on his horse… Then I saw the statue on the far left and my imagination stopped immediately.
Francois

AFairley

« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2013, 09:23:37 am »

OK, seems like people don't like the statute!  Here's the alternate crop I originally rejected and a square crop as suggested by Walter & Rob:

Riccardo

« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2013, 10:04:16 am »

The first is better than the second, though my favorite is the original image, with the statue.
It is as if beyond the glass there was a world in which objects come to life.
Almost the dream of the statue.
Pages: [1]   Go Up