Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Magnet prints - Using an Epson 9900 (or any other aqueous printer)  (Read 6497 times)

darlingm

• Westland Printworks

A few customers have inquired about prints on magnets.  Anyone have experience doing these?

Looks like there's some magnet rolls that can be printed on by inkjet.

Other way to go is to print on something then adhere it to a magnet and trim the edge.  Not sure if that'll look all that great.  There's adhesive vinyl as a possibility.

These magnets will initially be on display at outdoor art fairs - so they need to stand high temperature and humidty.  Once my customer sells them, they will (should) be safely indoors.

Obviously want them looking nice, which makes me think to lean toward magnet rolls.  Worried about if they'll curl too much and cause head strikes, though.

Also needs to be durable for handling, so almost certainly needs photo black instead of matte black.
Mike • Westland Printworks
Fine Art Printing • Amazing Artwork Reproduction • Photography
http://www.westlandprintworks.com • (734) 255-9761

iladi

Re: Magnet prints - Using an Epson 9900 (or any other aqueous printer)
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2013, 01:41:20 pm »

It is a job for a solvent printer regarding outdoor exposure and ink adhesion. And even a solvent printer may have dificulties feeding magnets rolls. Magnets are very heavy and thick no easy materials to work with. I didn't have guts to print magnet rolls on my Roland solvent, but I have succesfuly printed magnets sheets on my small flatbed printer. It is a small flatbed based on an Epson 4880 that can print on 3D surfaces up to 10cm thick.
Pages: [1]   Go Up