Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LR5 & Fuji  (Read 2311 times)

Greg D

LR5 & Fuji
« on: May 03, 2013, 01:53:57 pm »

Wondering if raw conversion of the Fuji XE1 / X Pro1 files will be improved in LR5.  Any X- shooters out there trying the beta version?  Any difference?  (I don't own a Fuji - have considered but held off because of reported less-that-great rendering in LR4.)
Thanks,
Greg

michael

Re: LR5 & Fuji
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2013, 04:14:05 pm »

Try it, you'll like it.

Michael

Alan Smallbone

• APS Photography
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2013, 04:19:36 pm »

The processing LR is getting better but it does require different settings then you may be used to, at least that has been my experience. but work the sliders initially top down and adjust for taste and the output is very good. I think C1 is tad better color initially, and bit sharper, but then you can adjust anything to taste. Lightroom works well with the raw files. A fun camera to use.

Alan
Alan Smallbone
Orange County, CA

Greg D

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2013, 03:17:25 pm »

Thanks!  I'll give it a shot........

noisejammer

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2013, 08:30:52 pm »

I've recently started using the X-E1 with Lr 4.4 / CR 7.4

The raw conversion is a huge improvement over 4.2 (I didn't try 4.3.) I find it's easy to overdo sharpening and noise reduction is far less effective (but it hardly matters because the sensor is good.)

I seem to get some weird results when I use some Nik plugins. I really don't know why this should be the case - I assumed that Lightroom would be passing some sort of neutral file. I'm still experimenting with this.

My experience is that it's difficult to equal the camera's immediate conversion to jpg. My raw images seem to be the backups.
Pages: [1]   Go Up