Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Experiences with focusing racks  (Read 11463 times)

RFPhotography

Re: Experiences with focusing racks
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2013, 09:25:33 am »

Do you have an iPhone or iPad? try  the CamRanger (http://www.camranger.com) instead. very precise remote focusing using your iPhone, iPad , or Mac (Windows and Android support is coming very soon) without touching your camera. Works well for both single frame shots and automates the focus stacking process too. Lots of other features as well like an intervalometer, ultra-long exposure settings, etc.

It's a better solution than a "one trick pony"  piece of hardware.

I've now sent them 3 emails with questions about the Android version.  No response to the first two.  Just sent the third so will see what happens but not optimistic.  Doesn't inspire much confidence.

Ellis Vener

• http://www.ellisvener.com
« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2013, 10:36:00 am »

Bob,
They are a really, really small company -essentially a husband and wife team although they may have more people working for them now. I'll see if I can get a response from them for you.

NancyP

« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2013, 11:34:17 am »

Has anyone tried the Hejnar focusing rails?

RFPhotography

« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2013, 02:09:31 pm »

Bob,
They are a really, really small company -essentially a husband and wife team although they may have more people working for them now. I'll see if I can get a response from them for you.

Hi Ellis.  They got back to me today.  Thanks.

NancyP

« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2013, 12:31:04 pm »

Canon prosumer-level camera users: Has anyone tried automated motor focus stack acquisition using the Magic Lantern firmware? I am not a video person and have not yet given ML a try, but there is programmable motor focusing and and intervalometer in the zillion features of ML. Magic Lantern is free.

orchidblooms

« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2013, 08:54:51 pm »

i picked up a novoflex castel  xq ii from hpmarketingcorp (us dist) as a demo and a novoflex magicball for a swell price on ebay...

the novoflex magicball has a nifty tension adjust - spent the day yesterday swatting mosquitoes...  and running thru local wetlands....  no slop in head - no drop/droop - lovely to work with...

makes a great combo - so muchso...

so impressed i pulled the trigger, today on the novoflex classic ball 5 with the q=base plate

magicball photo with cellphone...

« Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 09:02:46 pm by orchidblooms »
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up