Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Red Arrow Cafe  (Read 1252 times)

Chris Calohan

• Editing Allowed
Red Arrow Cafe
« on: May 01, 2013, 10:36:17 pm »

Morning Story

Repeated image

If it Ain't Broke, Leave it Alone; if it is Broke, Fix it; if it's a Maybe, Play With it - Who Knows

sdwilsonsct

Re: Red Arrow Cafe
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2013, 10:13:38 am »

Nice feeling to the light in these, Chris. I can smell the coffee and pie.

nemo295

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2013, 05:48:58 pm »

I like the way you're seeing color, especially in #2.

Chris Calohan

• Editing Allowed
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2013, 06:25:01 pm »

Could you clarify on this a little more? This is an area I've really been working on and while I certainly appreciate the comment, I'd like just a tad more explanation as to what you're seeing.
If it Ain't Broke, Leave it Alone; if it is Broke, Fix it; if it's a Maybe, Play With it - Who Knows

sdwilsonsct

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2013, 10:17:57 am »

A gray day (overcast? rainy?) outside with cool light. Inside warm tones centered on the counter.

Chris Calohan

• Editing Allowed
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2013, 10:59:54 am »

Thanks!

nemo295

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2013, 06:31:05 pm »

Could you clarify on this a little more? This is an area I've really been working on and while I certainly appreciate the comment, I'd like just a tad more explanation as to what you're seeing.

I just like the colors and how the colored forms are arranged within shot #2. I like how each color lives in its own space within the overall composition. The low key lighting also contributes to a nice feel.

RSL

• http://www.russ-lewis.com
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2013, 06:43:20 pm »

Good shooting, Chris. I'm on the road at the moment -- between Florida and Colorado -- and each day I see the kind of thing you've captured here. These shots capture something that's going to disappear before long. It's neither good nor bad, but it's here, and it's a part of our milieu.
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.

Chris Calohan

• Editing Allowed
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2013, 09:45:09 pm »

I was wondering when you would start heading back to the mountains. I hate to see the small diners go the way of the dinosaurs, but like you, believe they are destined to silently slip away. One of my thematic tasks for this summer's trek is to capture as many of these places as I can, so if for nothing else, we can muse over them in our scrapbooks. Safe travels, Russ.

WalterEG

« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2013, 11:50:27 pm »

The kind of documentation of which you speak is right up my alley.  A word to the wise:  be quick!  It is astonishing how rapidly stagnant things change (and vanish).

David Eckels

• It's just a camera.
    • Website
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2013, 07:50:44 am »

I was wondering when you would start heading back to the mountains. I hate to see the small diners go the way of the dinosaurs, but like you, believe they are destined to silently slip away. One of my thematic tasks for this summer's trek is to capture as many of these places as I can, so if for nothing else, we can muse over them in our scrapbooks. Safe travels, Russ.
I think this would make a great series! Have fun with it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up