Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: downloading the Olympus OM-D EM-5  (Read 3174 times)

bluekorn

downloading the Olympus OM-D EM-5
« on: April 29, 2013, 06:35:23 pm »

I guess this isn't an issue unless I make it one but I do find this new development irksome. When downloading my images from one of two San Disk Ultra 8 GB cards using a Promaster Digital SD/MMC card reader the images are delivered into Aperture III in random order rather than in the sequence in which the images were captured. This is a new phenomenon with the EM-5. Other than the new EM-5 the set up is the same, same card, same card reader, same Aperture III. My GH-2 and previous models from Panasonic all deliver the images sequentially as they were taken. I would like it to be that way again. Does anyone understand how I might restore the customary sequentail download?

Chairman Bill

• flickr page
Re: downloading the Olympus OM-D EM-5
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2013, 06:49:31 pm »

I get this with my D700. The import defaults to ordering the images manually, rather than by date order. I just let them download, then switch to date order & that sorts it all quite nicely. Would be good to have date order as the default, and there's possibly a way to do this - I just don't know it

bluekorn

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2013, 08:47:13 pm »

Where is the switch to "date order" to be found in the Aperture menu? And, I'm relieved to know that this problem is not with my EM-5. Thank you very much for this information.

bluekorn

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2013, 03:43:59 pm »

Hello again,

If anyone reading this uses Aperature III and/or an iMac, and has encountered and corrected the problem described above, I would surely like to hear where in the menus of either I can correct course and begin to download my images in sequence once again. As it stands now, regarding the order of the images imported from the card reader, I can't find any logical scheme in the way they are coming into Aperture. Thank you.

Peter

Chairman Bill

• flickr page
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2013, 04:13:37 pm »

Here's where you change the manual to date. Where it says 'date', click & a drop-down menu allows you to select from a range of options, including date.

bluekorn

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2013, 06:19:41 pm »

I'm sorry but what software are we talking about? I'm using Aperture III and can't find "date" anywhere in the menus.
Pages: [1]   Go Up