Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Cooter  (Read 16143 times)

eronald

• My gallery on Instagram
Re: Cooter
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2013, 07:07:42 am »

Further reason not to fear pink!

My bandana is now pink, but it used to be red when my wife made it for me - the sun bleaches everything except skin. With skin it has other plans.

Rob C

My father lived in the tropics for a long time. I always noticed that his face was so strange compared to every one else around us. Back then you could at one glance recognize the westerners who had made their careers overseas and then retired back to Europe.

Edmund
If you appreciate my blog posts help me by following on https://instagram.com/edmundronald

artobest

« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2013, 07:18:30 am »

Cooter -

I don't know the other site (which I assume is Galbraith?) but I'm damned happy to see you posting again.

Rob C

I Googled it and got the Rhythmic Gymnastics forum. Which is conjuring up some pretty disturbing mental images of Schewe.

fredjeang2

« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2013, 09:12:55 am »

Can someone tell me what the hell is this RG stuff ?

I thought I knew a lot, until last day when I was talking to a girlfriend about the BBC and realised that, for her, it had nothing to do with british broadcast
at all but big black c...
So I said, BBC guys are the best...and she answered: oh yeah!

( it could also mean bloody british columbia).

So what is this mysterious RG that everybody's been banned from?
« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 09:14:58 am by fredjeang2 »

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2013, 09:39:24 am »

... So what is this mysterious RG that everybody's been banned from?

Rob Galbraith forum.

Eric Myrvaagnes

• http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2013, 10:04:30 am »

Quote from: fredjeang2
Can someone tell me what the hell is this RG stuff ?

Rob Galbraith forum.
Gosh all you youngsters make me feel old. I thought it was obviously the Rob Galbraith forum Cooter was referring to. Was it really so long ago that it dies?
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

fredjeang2

« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2013, 10:11:03 am »

Gosh all you youngsters make me feel old... Was it really so long ago that it dies?

Remember Eric, time is a collective illusion, like "self" or "my" or "I"

(isn't that a wise quote...) 8)

fredjeang2

« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2013, 10:37:43 am »

Anyway,

Now that Slobodan gave me the answer of this mysterious and archeologic RG forum from the Eon era, I'd add that the Coot post in this thread is a fake one.
Some wired entity posted under the Coot's identity but it's not James.

And I tell you why.

Proof number one: Coot always warned Rob C about not looking back, about the fact that the golden age is an illusion and that the best are the time we're living,
and that the most exciting buzz are forward. I suscribe to this point of view.
And suddenly, this nostalgic entity that took coot's indentity is writting memories about: once uppon a time in a remote remote lost period of darkness, sorry, darkrooms, and Ilford chemistry,
were a bunch of holly guys switching to digi with knights spirit
..etc.....doesn't sounds like Coot at all, init?.

Proof number twooo: Coot is texan. Texans have thick skins and fight. Impossible that a single guy can fire a texan from his horse.

Proof number trrreeee: Coot shoots Red One. What the Red one has to do with that? I needed a third proof of identity usurpation.
Red camera owners are having so much fun with their Raw video, Red rockets, 20 grands Cine Zeiss and 5000 points DR that they stand above the terrenal worries of still imagery and nikonism
stay behind technology.
(ask CB about his Red)

So Coot's Dodge Charger is not back...yet.

« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 11:05:39 am by fredjeang2 »

MrSmith

« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2013, 11:06:15 am »

I told you he was doing yoga and eating falafel.

fredjeang2

« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2013, 01:14:52 pm »

Your Right Fred.

Last year I only got to spend 2 weeks in our Texas studio.  

Was either in a plane or touchy feely L.A.  

This year I told myself every chance I had I would go back to Texas and already have spent 5 weeks there this year, off and on.

You'd think that would have helped, but instead I think I've turned into a left coast sissy.

I think California has ruined me, because the other night passing a Prius at about 95 mph on the 10 and thought, you know, those cars aren't that "bad" looking.

Next thing I'll be wearing hemp boots, listening to Adele and and growing my own cilantro.

IMO

BC
;D
Tell me about this Prius...
The other day I took a cab, it was a Prius. I had in mind restoring
A vintage Citroen DS, probably the most elegant car ever
Designed, Or a Ferrari dino 4 seats because I'm bored
Like hell with current cars. Them I was asking the taxi driver about this
Prius...it does a constant sound like a bzzzzzzz, a little
Bit like an electric girl legs shaver...
The taxi driver told me that they are very reliable, and
I should buy one to contribute to save the planet from
Global warming...

Nice to see you back.

Rob C

« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2013, 01:15:27 pm »

Your Right Fred.

This year I told myself every chance I had I would go back to Texas and already have spent 5 weeks there this year, off and on.

You'd think that would have helped, but instead I think I've turned into a left coast sissy.

I think California has ruined me, because the other night passing a Prius at about 95 mph on the 10 and thought, you know, those cars aren't that "bad" looking.

Next thing I'll be wearing hemp boots, listening to Adele and and growing my own cilantro.

IMO

BC

I quite enjoyed the brief period when I could catch Californication on tv... But hell, I did think folks would have more sense than to drive an open Porsche there; I even had a model in Glasgow tell me that someone had tried to get in through the door of her little Mini at the traffic lights once - that was back in the early 70s and I don't think any of the local assholes had had time to learn that trick from the movies yet, so if they were already aware of the possibilities...

But anyway, what's bad about touchy-feely? We do it all the time in Spain - ask Fred! It feels nice (I don't know about Fred; I mean the system).

;-)

Rob C

fredjeang2

« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2013, 01:27:43 pm »

What touchy-feely means?

Ben Rubinstein

« Reply #31 on: May 01, 2013, 01:33:24 pm »

I was parked outside my dads house when an Audi went into the side of my rented prius at about 70 mph on a residential street. I heard it from the house, came down and found that the entire right side (drivers side for use brits) was heavily dented. I had a standing ovation from the rental staff for having knackered a prius when I took it back the next day! They gave me a Land Rover next time round as a reward :D

Rob C

« Reply #32 on: May 01, 2013, 01:48:38 pm »

;D
Tell me about this Prius...
The other day I took a cab, it was a Prius. I had in mind restoring
A vintage Citroen DS, probably the most elegant car ever
Designed, Or a Ferrari dino 4 seats because I'm bored
Like hell with current cars. Them I was asking the taxi driver about this
Prius...it does a constant sound like a bzzzzzzz, a little
Bit like an electric girl legs shaver...
The taxi driver told me that they are very reliable, and
I should buy one to contribute to save the planet from
Global warming...

Nice to see you back.

Fred, are you mad? Or did you win the Euromillones?

Restoring cars is for rock stars or retired mafiosi. And they just pay a series of grunts to do it for them. Good condition E-Type will start at around 100 grand (pounds) and there’s always more to do. It’s like restoring a finca: triple the builder’s estimate.

If you are bored, work harder. I’m very bored and I don’t work at all. Learn the lesson. Restoring a car or boat isn’t to reduce boredom, it’s to find a mission (impossible) in life. My bro’n’lo is dreaming about replacing a Lotus Europa he had in his early twenties; he’s already got an S-Class stretched, Brabus, and his wife had an SLK AMG she’s just swapped for an A-Class. Why? Those rear-drive cars were useless this winter in snow… so it’s back to basics for her. You see how crazy cars are? They are worse than people. If a people breaks you send it to hospital to get mended; if a very obsolete car breaks, you have to find somebody who has a workshop and can make parts for you, hopefully for less than it costs him to do it.

Find a mistress – it’ll  be cheaper and possibly more fun. You’re French; that should be easy.

;-)

Rob C

Rob C

« Reply #33 on: May 01, 2013, 01:52:33 pm »

What touchy-feely means?

Hugs, air-kisses etc. Just like here.

;-)

Rob C

Rob C

« Reply #34 on: May 01, 2013, 01:56:44 pm »

I was parked outside my dads house when an Audi went into the side of my rented prius at about 70 mph on a residential street. I heard it from the house, came down and found that the entire right side (drivers side for use brits) was heavily dented. I had a standing ovation from the rental staff for having knackered a prius when I took it back the next day! They gave me a Land Rover next time round as a reward :D

1. They don't trust you with a car but can't find a legal way to refuse future rentals.

2. They have just worked a scam with the insurace agency.

3. They really are racist.

When did an LR become a reward, or did I just miss the irony?

;-)

Rob C

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #35 on: May 01, 2013, 02:48:55 pm »

What touchy-feely means?

Openly emotional/sentimental.

fredjeang2

« Reply #36 on: May 01, 2013, 03:26:21 pm »

Find a mistress – it’ll  be cheaper and possibly more fun. You’re French; that should be easy.

;-)

Rob C

Or...find a touchy-feely mistress who pays the Ferrari bills  ::)

You won't tell me that this music isn't better than listening to Adele in California: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PN_UsfJqN4
Filmed with a Gopro

Ps: for the ones interested, the Dino 308 GT4 is the cheapest Ferrari in the vintage market (less than the Rob's Mercedes and way more interesting driving experience)  and far from being the worse. Vastly underestimated. It has 2 rear seats. Hand built.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 03:32:45 pm by fredjeang2 »

eronald

• My gallery on Instagram
« Reply #37 on: May 01, 2013, 04:40:34 pm »

Your Right Fred.

That's what happens to celebrity photographers who outfit a 747 as a portable studio :)

Edmund
If you appreciate my blog posts help me by following on https://instagram.com/edmundronald

Rob C

« Reply #38 on: May 01, 2013, 05:37:30 pm »

Or...find a touchy-feely mistress who pays the Ferrari bills  ::)

You won't tell me that this music isn't better than listening to Adele in California: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PN_UsfJqN4
Filmed with a Gopro

Ps: for the ones interested, the Dino 308 GT4 is the cheapest Ferrari in the vintage market (less than the Rob's Mercedes and way more interesting driving experience)  and far from being the worse. Vastly underestimated. It has 2 rear seats. Hand built.

But, I don't think it is officially a Ferrari: named for Enzo's son, I believe that though it carried Dino, the Ferrari word wasn't there on the original cars. I think some owners bought the F names and added them post.

This may be a factoid. Whatever, not a lot of people knows that, as Alfie was wont to say.

Enjoyed the film; had a Fiat X1/9 for a couple of years (almost), and when I discovered the alloys had been contaminated at the factory by added weights straight onto the rims and that I would have to buy four new ones, I bought the Alfa instead. Had that for less than a year and sold it when we left to come here. If they had put the Alfa boxer into the Fiat it would have been fantastic. Oh, and built it (the X/9) from steel, not sardine tins.

Of course, then I probably wouldn't have been able to afford it.

Rob C
« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 05:54:57 pm by Rob C »

FredBGG

« Reply #39 on: May 01, 2013, 06:46:26 pm »

Your Right Fred.

IMO

BC

95mph on the a freeway with a 65mph speed limit....

Speeding drivers biggest killer on the freeways.
http://youtu.be/eryfhMWfl1U
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up