Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: UK government changes IP rules for photographs?  (Read 6968 times)

Isaac

Re: UK government changes IP rules for photographs?
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2013, 04:30:22 pm »

You put the pics on a CD or DVD.

"Please note that our mail service is severely disrupted.(Read more details.)"

Instead -- "File a copyright registration for your work through the Copyright Office online system."
« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 04:32:05 pm by Isaac »

RSL

• http://www.russ-lewis.com
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2013, 05:43:00 pm »

Good point, Isaac. Forgot about that. That's the best way to do it. Ain't the web wonderful?
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.

Rob C

« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2013, 06:03:23 pm »

Rob, you should have received the e-mail confirmation which includes the following:-

Before your signature is added to the e-petition "Stop Legalised Theft of Copyrighted Works" you need to confirm your email address by clicking on the link below:

Once clicked your signature is confirmed as added to the petition.

Worked a treat this time! Thanks!

Rob C

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2013, 03:52:00 am »

There isn't one. Under the present copyright law it's not needed.

Normal copyright law as agreed in international copyright treaties, to which the UK is signatory, grants copyright owners 'the exclusive right of authorizing the reproduction of [their] works, in any manner or form.' Creators don’t have to apply for this right: it is theirs automatically and without formality.

This is what our fuckwit government seeks to change.

No it isn't. But, like you, I've always found that using offensive language is a much better way to make a reasoned argument than actually addressing the facts.

Jeremy

Rhossydd

• http://www.paulholman.com
« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2013, 06:59:28 am »

I am beginning to smell a rat that the UK registration hub is being encouraged by the Gov as a money making tool for the coffers.
"Beginning" ??
This whole change in the law is designed to make life easy and profitable for big corporations, nothing about justice for ordinary people.

Isaac

« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2013, 11:05:37 am »

With a library of 60,00 pro golf images, if I only registered a fraction of these images (key moments/tournaments) with the proposed UK registration hub, the reg fee would be a non starter.

Let me be clear -- I'm not advocating for whatever has been proposed as the UK registration hub, I'm explaining what I understand to be the situation in the US.

In my understanding, it is possible in principle to register 60,000 unpublished photos with the Library of Congress copyright office for $35 using multiple separate uploads of zipped low resolution jpegs.

In practice, of course, unpublished photos are registered in batches as-they-are-taken throughout the year creating an additional annual expense of a few hundred dollars.

All have apologised and paid without the requirement of a registration hub or lawyer and the fees charged very worthwhile.

Excellent!
« Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 12:30:43 pm by Isaac »
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up