Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Good video instructional series for Photoshop  (Read 1944 times)

ymc226

Good video instructional series for Photoshop
« on: April 28, 2013, 07:21:09 am »

I've been using LR4 and the NIK plugins for about a year but feel I need more control so I bought PS CS6 and am waiting for 2 PS books to be delivered by Amazon.

In the meantime are there any good video series on the web?  I expect a subscription fee if they are good.

Bart_van_der_Wolf

Re: Good video instructional series for Photoshop
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2013, 09:20:50 am »

I've been using LR4 and the NIK plugins for about a year but feel I need more control so I bought PS CS6 and am waiting for 2 PS books to be delivered by Amazon.

In the meantime are there any good video series on the web?  I expect a subscription fee if they are good.

Hi,

I'd suggest first getting the basics right, before diving into the more esoteric capabilities of the software. It will require much less corrections afterwards, and ultimately leaves more time for the more creative adjustments.

I've seen the Adobe Photoshop CS6 for Photographers; Camera Raw 7 tutorial by Chris Orwig on Lynda.com, and am very pleased with the amount of information given. The tempo is high, the examples are to the point, and Chris knows what he is talking about. There are free chapters available on the above mentioned website.

I expect the other courses by Chris having a similar quality. The tutorials by Julieanne Kost are also good quality.

Cheers,
Bart
« Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 11:26:25 am by BartvanderWolf »
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

jrsforums

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2013, 09:51:37 am »

+1. Orwig on Lynda.com
John

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
    • http://www.markdsegal.com
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2013, 11:10:34 am »

In the meantime are there any good video series on the web?  I expect a subscription fee if they are good.

Reichmann-Schewe Camera to Print tutorial.
Mark D Segal (formerly MarkDS)
Author: "Scanning Workflows with SilverFast 8....."

jrsforums

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2013, 03:12:29 pm »

Reichmann-Schewe Camera to Print tutorial.

I agree that this is a good tutorial.

Today, a viewer should be cautioned that the RAW sliders are LR3, not LR4 based, so interpreting of recommendations must be made.

In addition, the print resolution recommendations are not inline with Schewe's latest thinking of providing the printer the resolution it is asking for (Canon 300/600), Epson 360/720).  While others had found much eariler that this was the case, Schewe, after disagreeing for years, has recently "seen the light"
John

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2013, 03:19:24 pm »

Today, a viewer should be cautioned that the RAW sliders are LR3, not LR4 based, so interpreting of recommendations must be made.

That was true for the original tutorials, but not Camera To Print and Screen which was shot using LR4 and includes the resolution recommendations you mentioned.

jrsforums

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2013, 03:31:35 pm »

That was true for the original tutorials, but not Camera To Print and Screen which was shot using LR4 and includes the resolution recommendations you mentioned.

The reason I mentioned this is that I had just watched "Camera to Print and Screen" C2PS_26_IP-ColourWorkflowLR.mov & C2PS_27_IP-CRtoPrintWorkflow.mov

As I remember, you were using ACR and were commenting in 26 that Michael used 'brightness' in the correct sequence.  In 27 you sharpened for print with PKS "480+" (or something like that) and then went to print with that resolution.

If I remembered improperly or am viewing a backdated copy, I apologize.  (BTW...date modified (loaded) on my files is 11/09/2011)

In your book, Digital Negative, (which is wonderful), you do use LR4.  Cannot wait for Diogital Print.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 03:34:42 pm by jrsforums »
John
Pages: [1]   Go Up