Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: USB thumb drive opens LR4  (Read 1284 times)

tintop

USB thumb drive opens LR4
« on: April 27, 2013, 09:49:49 am »

I have LR4 installed on my laptop (Intel Core i5, 8G RAM). Everything was working fine for months, and then recently, when I plug in a USB thumb drive to one any of the USB ports, LR4 automatically opens and opens to the Import window. This started happening about a month ago during a time when I was not using  LR.  I use this thumb drive daily just to save Word documents, so LR opening each time is becoming somewhat annoying.

I can't find anywhere in Preferences where LR can be set to open by default to the Import window when a thumb drive is placed in a USB port. Is there a way to fix this.

TIA

tintop

John E

Re: USB thumb drive opens LR4
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2013, 10:09:12 am »

If you're using Windows 7, you can change this activity in Control Panel -- Hardware and Sound -- AutoPlay.

John

tintop

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2013, 11:08:35 am »

Thanks John. That looks like it should work. I left the laptop at the office so I'll try it on Monday.

Thanks again.

tintop

John E

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2013, 11:28:29 am »

No prob. I only knew the solution cuz I just had to take my desktop into the shop, and the same thing happened on my laptop.

J

eliedinur

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2013, 06:14:37 pm »

I can't find anywhere in Preferences where LR can be set to open by default to the Import window
Preferences/General, middle of the page, Import Options: Show import dialog when memory card is detected.

Sheesh.
Roll over Ed Weston,
Tell Ansel Adams th
Pages: [1]   Go Up