Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Canon 8300s Printhead Issue  (Read 2846 times)

2NY

Canon 8300s Printhead Issue
« on: April 25, 2013, 11:48:01 am »

Hi everyone! New to the forum and seen some other having issues with the 8300 printhead so decided to jump on.

Where to start..about over a year ago with purchased our first 8300 and loved it. We didnt use it much as it was a test printer to try out and see how we liked it. We loved it so much that we decided to buy 2 more and loved them! We bought 3 more and now have a total of 5 and ALL WITH THE SAME PROBLEM!

So here we go..its been an ongoing problem with the print heads in all of the machines and in the print out of the nozzle check and you can actually see where the nozzle check squares look like a double nozzle is spraying and that nozzle check actually looks "blurry" in the middle. I have LITERALLY had 15-20 printheads sent out to me that were in warranty and yet im STILL having the problems. I have had techs out here and canon reps and all they do is throw parts at it and yet it still comes back.

We print on these A LOT!! When we're busy they are literally printing 8 hours a day! They are definitely work horses and when they are printing well, they are amazing printers! But we print scientific posters for med students and the problem where this "double line" printhead issue comes into play the most is in the black and gray nozzle checks which in return transfer to the black text on these posters. It almost makes the black text look blurry or as if there is a drop shadow on it but there isnt.

Im very curious to hear if others have run into this problem at all. I can post photos of these nozzle checks as well if that helps.

Thanks guys!

Jeff Magidson

• Artslides Digital Imaging
Re: Canon 8300s Printhead Issue
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2013, 12:09:15 pm »

There have been many user reports of early and often head failures. The good news is that the heads are easy to replace and Canon is very good about sending out replacements.

Out of curiosity, about how many SQ FT of printing are you getting before a head fails?

~ Jeff

~ Jeff Magidson
Custom Archival Printing
http://artslidesboston.com

iladi

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2013, 01:00:14 pm »

Same problem with magenta chanel.  Printer  aquired in january, head fail after aprox 400 sq meters.  About one cm of the magenta test print is doubled right in the midle. The print is afected only at high speeds reds. At normal speed is not a problem, at high res is not noticeable (also printing architectural drawings for students or pos posters). I'm still printing with the head, about 650 sq meters now, still doing his job no need to change it althou canon sent me a new one.

Ernst Dinkla

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2013, 04:11:39 am »

Same problem with magenta chanel.  Printer  aquired in january, head fail after aprox 400 sq meters.  About one cm of the magenta test print is doubled right in the midle. The print is afected only at high speeds reds. At normal speed is not a problem, at high res is not noticeable (also printing architectural drawings for students or pos posters). I'm still printing with the head, about 650 sq meters now, still doing his job no need to change it althou canon sent me a new one.

The ribbon cable to the head carriage has the light magenta data in the lowest thread, the part that glides in the profiles. On a friend's ipf9000 the ribbon cable has been replaced more than once due to wear there an related lm print issues.

Your problem could be related but not identical.

Ernst, op de lei getypt.

aaronchan

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2013, 02:27:44 pm »

check if your print head lot number, if it starts with C6, that means it is new batch.
If it starts with 56\66\76\86\96\B6, which means it is old batch.
the older batch has a higher possibly to gain the double line due to the heat produced by the print head.

aaron

2NY

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2013, 12:16:07 pm »

There have been many user reports of early and often head failures. The good news is that the heads are easy to replace and Canon is very good about sending out replacements.

Out of curiosity, about how many SQ FT of printing are you getting before a head fails?

~ Jeff

Sorry for late response! We print 1000s of square feet through these printers monthly. I go through a 36" X 300' roll sometimes once a day on a printer. We pushed over 100000+ dots on a printhead that is only 2 months old. But its hard to tell exactly when the head fails, it starts relatively unnoticed but then gets worse and worse and starts to actually affect the print

2NY

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2013, 12:16:39 pm »

check if your print head lot number, if it starts with C6, that means it is new batch.
If it starts with 56\66\76\86\96\B6, which means it is old batch.
the older batch has a higher possibly to gain the double line due to the heat produced by the print head.

aaron

THANKS!! That's really good to know! Ill have to check that out.
Pages: [1]   Go Up