Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mamiya Leaf Announces Two New Credo Models  (Read 5466 times)

yaya

• http://yayapro.com
Mamiya Leaf Announces Two New Credo Models
« on: April 24, 2013, 12:07:09 pm »

Mamiya Leaf is pleased to announce the availability of two new models in the Credo range: The Credo WS 80 & the Credo WS 60

The WS (Wide Spectrum) backs are based on the successful Credo 60 and 80 backs. However there is one difference, the Infrared block filter has been replaced with a custom glass filter. This extends the captured spectrum of the back, enabling recording of Near IR images (~700nm).

By using different filters mounted on the lens you can achieve dream-like effects with false colors - especially in landscape images that include foliage. They can also be used for research and scientific purposes using UV lights.

Amr El-Shafei, a US based landscape photographer and a well known cardiologist, has been using several IR converted digital backs and has recently added a Credo WS 80 to his camera bag: "The combination of a high resolution, high dynamic range camera with the ability to capture such a wide spectrum allows me to create the type of images I could never make before in either color or black & white and produce very high quality, large prints."

An IR block filter can be fitted onto the lens to allow "normal" color images to be captured. The new backs are available in Mamiya AFD/ DF/ DF+ and V (Universal) mounts.

A standard Credo 80 or Credo 60 in M or V mount can be converted.

Set up a demo with a Mamiya Leaf expert

More info on Leaf Credo WS

BR

Yair
« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 12:11:41 pm by yaya »
Yair Shahar | Product Manager | Phase One - Cultural Heritage
e: ysh@phaseone.com |

ondebanks

Re: Mamiya Leaf Announces Two New Credo Models
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2013, 12:22:12 pm »

Nice!

Do you have a spectral transmission plot for the camera, covering the visible and IR?

Only pity is that there are still no long exposures possible...

Ray

tom_l

• http://www.tomlucas.net
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2013, 01:44:15 pm »

Very nice these backs,

I noticed that they're only available in V and M mount, probably the most sold mounts.
I just hope that the choice of mounts will not disappear anytime in the future (and this is not Leaf specific).

Tom

design_freak

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2013, 03:09:29 am »

Hi Yair  :)
It is very nice information. Very good product. Congratulations !
The company should establish cooperation with suppliers of filters. I know how difficult it is to buy these filters.
Well done !  :)

Best regards,
DF
Best regards,
DF

Yanick Dery

• http://www.yanickdery.com
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2013, 08:13:10 am »

I think this is something very interesting, but I am surprise to see this kind of product. I did not expect there is enough potential buyers for that.

It is great to see innovation other than more resolution.

If only the camera body could get multiple cross sensor for focus (5 would be perfect), I think that will kill the H system.

ondebanks

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2013, 07:54:56 pm »

I think this is something very interesting, but I am surprise to see this kind of product. I did not expect there is enough potential buyers for that.

It is great to see innovation other than more resolution.

Actually there is very little tech innovation or R&D involved in this (which is not to say that it's not a good idea - it is!). They replace the IR-blocking filter over the sensor with a broad-spectrum clear filter, that's all. As they have already done all the major R&D and tooling to make the "normal" Credo backs, then this tweak is insignificant in comparison. The differences to the production line are so minor as to make it almost irrelevant how many buyers emerge; they will probably just make them to order. It's like when you buy a new car and choose a non-standard option for its upholstery or its sound system.

It's also not very innovative in another sense: Leaf have already done it before; there was a version of the 33MP Aptus which was just like this.

Ray

yaya

• http://yayapro.com
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2013, 06:21:45 am »

Just a quick update, we now have a PDF with some basic guidelines and samples of typical applications on the Credo WS page: http://www.mamiyaleaf.com/wide_spectrum_credo.html

The link for download is at the bottom of the page.

So far the reaction from research and conservation institutes has been fantastic considering that this is a niche market

BR

Yair
Yair Shahar | Product Manager | Phase One - Cultural Heritage
e: ysh@phaseone.com |
Pages: [1]   Go Up